No announcement yet.

Fixing SMACX Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We just hope, the patch will be released public one day.
    The question of multiplayer is a bit complex I think, for pbem it is format of the save file, for tcp/ip, I'm not sure...
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• Originally posted by GooglyBoogly View Post
      that would be MADNESS.
      To which Corazon Santiago would reply "THIS IS SPARTA!!".
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

• Could somebody send me the latest exe by scient? I might just start a new game in the next couple of days.
        Too bad he hasn't been here for a while now..

Comment

• Originally posted by Doux View Post
          Could somebody send me the latest exe by scient? I might just start a new game in the next couple of days.
          Too bad he hasn't been here for a while now..
          Scient asked that those who have the patch not send it to anyone else. However, we have heard from him and expect him to reappear "soon." See this thread for more information. After he comes back, send him a PM to request the patch.

Petek
          "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
          -- Kosh

Comment

• I am very glad to hear he is still around. Is the patch still open to suggestions? It seems to me that the latest buglist is far from being comlete. Is there a need to mention what was not yet covered?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nevill View Post
              I am very glad to hear he is still around. Is the patch still open to suggestions? It seems to me that the latest buglist is far from being comlete. Is there a need to mention what was not yet covered?
              Sure, feel free to jump in and post any previously unmentioned bugs.

Petek
              -- Kosh

Comment

• Ok, here it is. Based on a buglist that Mart provided.

Commented on entries: 1, 5, 14, 16, 20, 21, 22, 27, 33, 34, 35, 44, 50, 57, 63, 65, 67, 71.

Added 16 more entries. Hopefully, it will be updated as I remember things.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Nevill View Post
                  Ok, here it is. Based on a buglist that Mart provided.

Commented on entries: 1, 5, 14, 16, 20, 21, 22, 27, 33, 34, 35, 44, 50, 57, 63, 65, 67, 71.

Added 16 more entries. Hopefully, it will be updated as I remember things.
                  Nice work!

Petek
                  -- Kosh

Comment

• Nevill, I read your comments, thanks. We need exactly such remarks.

As for releasing the patch, Civ4 together with Civ Colonization got DRM removal. They are much newer games than smac, only publisher is different afaik, but might serve as a good example in case of negotiations/petition.
                    Mart
                    Map creation contest

Comment

• This game, when I could play it, on older systems and computers was my all-time favourite. It would still be now but I have given up - I am now playing Civ-IV Planetfall.

The reason? Nobody anywhere I have gone on the Web has come up with a patch which will guarantee I can play with a large map,using XP, and not some time around game turn 320 crash! I have been disappointed too many times to try again.

Pity.

Live long and prosper.

Comment

• Another thought, maybe Mastertronic would be interested in allowing the patch. They now released both smac and smax, smac has no drm, but smax does. To me it looks like "left over" maybe they just do not have drm-free executable, but if they had, they would not mind allowing it as a community patch?
                        Also, they may better negotiate with EA about the patch, if they see it as an incentive to buy this game.
                        Mart
                        Map creation contest

Comment

• I can respect the sentiment behind waiting for firaxis/publisher/whoever's approval of a patch that breaks drm if it were released now, but I don't think it matters that much - check post #2 here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=299445. While apolyton and civfanatics may be different sites, i thought civfanatics had a don't-help-people-break-drm policy, too. SMAC may "only" be 3 years older than civ3, but i don't think anyone's making money on it anymore. It's a shameful fate for such a good game, but i don't think it's to be found anywhere except at garage sales, bargin bins, and ebay. Am I wrong?

Comment

• Yes. Mart found it on sale.
                            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Ah. a google search does reveal it to be on sale from a number of vendors, but that's not to say a significant number of people are buying. (not that i think anyone here will be persuaded by that or any line of reasoning short of a personal OK from Sid signed in blood)

I guess I will wait for scient to return with his own CD check or a publisher's OK...

Comment

• air defense crash?

guys...noob here. i've actually played smac and smax for a very long time. ever since it was first release but everytime will i start, i will stop playing due to the air defense crash. its just bloody irritating and theres no patch for it. i've just recently started playing again and once again im starting to get frustrated by the crashing. googled around and found references to this being fixed by mart. i saw in the bug listing that it is already fixed by mart but have failed to find how to fix it. can anybody please help?

Comment

Working...
                                X