Capturing Sealurks and Towers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capturing Sealurks and Towers

Yep....three of them, to be specific. First, Sealurks. Watch out for these guys....they're rather similar to IoD's, except they don't act as transports and tend to be "lone wolf" units. I've not had much luck in catching them (none, actually), so I can't say either way whether they're any good as an addition to your naval forces.
    I've just captured a Selurk as Cha Dawn. Is it really that unusual? Would that mean that some day someone might be able to control a Fungal Tower in a regular game?
    While we are at it, do Fungal Towers yield more energy than they should according to their lifecycle, or have I just hunted them surrounded by fungus?

Sorry for the tacky thread.

Can't sleep, so I looked at the archives. In this thread, Ned reported catching a Fungal Tower, but it reverted back to native control after one turn. It's rare.

I set up a game with Cha Dawn and captured a Sealurk on the first try. Can't see any reason for it to work any different than capturing other native life.

No idea about your last question, though.
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

Fungal Towers also get a 50% defense bonus. Note that if you remove one of the fungus squares surrounding a fungal tower, there is a -1 hit to its lifecycle.

I speculate the extra energy is due to the 50% defense bonus.
      Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

I think you can capture a fungal tower only when it's stacked with other native life (such as mind worms). This normally happens only when a tower and worms appear on the same tile, as part of a pop.
        "Cutlery confused Stalin"
        -BBC news

Comment

Yeah, I got the same result yesterday playing in a SP game as the University...Went to attack a Tower and captured both it and the worm that was sitting on top of it...But, soon as I moved the worm off of the Tower, it reverted back.

Of course, I also had a pop in the same game that had worms appear on the same tile as one of my formers..

~I~

Comment

Originally posted by Infernis

Of course, I also had a pop in the same game that had worms appear on the same tile as one of my formers..

That is actually quite common although in my case its usually underneath a crawler in a crawler field

I'm sure you found the solution .. . Move your unit off the worm stack first -- then kill the stack
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
            X