No announcement yet.

"Eye of the Beholder" SP Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've posted updated zips for the Autochthone and United Workers in their original locations.

-Though I wonder if I ought to just break down and make Chakra's collar a straight Indian one? I'm gonna leave it until I get your say-so, D. He's still too here-and-now as things stand...
    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
      -Though I wonder if I ought to just break down and make Chakra's collar a straight Indian one? I'm gonna leave it until I get your say-so, D. He's still too here-and-now as things stand...
      I agree about the here-and-now thing, so if you've got time then yeah go for it.

I'm gonna grab the Autochthone file now. Just let me know one way or the other if you are finished with the Workers so I can proceed accordingly.

D

Comment

I'll tackle the collar before the PKs, then. Clothes aren't as tough as faces. I ought to have something for you tonight.

No pasarán

Comment

United Workers v.-what? 3?

Here yuh go. I’m moving the zip here.

I’m so, SO much happier with this portrait, now.

Didn’t even take nearly as long as I thought it might to get it to where I was content. I think it helps that Momma taught me to sew a little as a kid- having some familiarity with seams and the way clothes are put together surely doesn’t obstruct this sort of thing.

I don’t think it looks entirely Indian, but that’s good- it’s the future, after all. It shows some fusion of styles.

Thus, I didn’t make the shirt white, but I re-lightened the shoulder strap and made the whole bluer, but lighter. I added a very Indian feature; the skunk-streak in his bangs.

Somehow, I resisted my urge to raise his shoulder seams into cheesy big-ass space epaulettes.

D, you’re going to have to think up a scenario eventually that will indulge my growing need to draw really bad ‘50’s sci fi-style clothes whenever I have to make a garment futuristic. As a high concept, it’s a fun idea, donchathink?

Alpha Centauri- In Outerrrr Spaaaaacccceee!

I wish I was good enough to wipe that grin off his face.

I’ve never mentioned it, but the little extra-red bit in the background where his neck and chin meet? Britney Spears’ pant-leg.

I updated Morgan Franchise, too. Just the Anton Vlagosz name-change, and made the p.s joke more appropriate now that he’s no longer swimming in his money, but still- the name matters for posterity. Hope you’ll go to the trouble to use that version…
          Attached Files

No pasarán

Comment

D, if you wanna throw any last -minute requests at me - well, I'm not feeling too inspired to work on the alt. Peace Keepers at the moment...

No pasarán

Comment

D, if you wanna throw any last -minute requests at me - well, I'm not feeling too inspired to work on the alt. Peace Keepers at the moment...
              I think we are all set: I just have to take my notes and generate the opening. Note that I tried your suggestion this evening concerning inserting a pic into the interludes: didn't work. I'm assuming that the interludes are hardcoded to show the backdrop of Planet. Nice idea on your part, though!

D

Comment

You know, the price you pay for working with a pedant is that he complains about small things as well as taking care of some...

...You didn't use the latest version of the Morgan Franchise graphic. You're the one who came up with the name Vlagosz. Show some pride, man!

No pasarán

Comment

...You didn't use the latest version of the Morgan Franchise graphic. You're the one who came up with the name Vlagosz. Show some pride, man!
                  Yeah, thats one of the problems with trying to do everything myself is that I do make dumb mistakes.

Anything else so far? How do you like the scenario? What level are you playing at? Those I'm more keener on.

D

Comment

I am a self-absorbed jerk sometimes. I downloaded it, but went looking for some eco-warrior pictures and got sidetracked.

I will give it try this evening, as soon as I wrap up here, and get back to you.

No pasarán

Comment

• Personally I have never really got into playing scenarios or mods, for either smac or civ for that matter. I have played a few here and there but I mainly stick to the original game play. I will give yours a try though and let you know what I think.

__________________________________________________ ________________
                      Aggressive lil bastards lol, started a game on transcend I was only able to get 2 out of the first 7 SP's(I am used to getting 4 or 5 on transcend). If I used the Artifacts I started with I might have gotten a third but I was saving them for free tech to hopefully offset the research penalty a little. The drones upon meeting me demanded 2 techs I refused -> vendetta. The progenitor faction (I don't remember what one it was) upon meeting me no discussion of any kind straight to vendetta, I couldn't find any of the progenator's bases though only the sporatic wandering unit. I am disapointed that blind research was off that would make for a more interesting game. I came to the conclusion that I was going about things all wrong, plus I am very tired, so I quit. I will give it a more serious effort tomorrow. I am thinking Weather paradigm -> boreholes and condensers(I did notice the turns to construct both were raised) then make a beeline for Environmental Economics to lift all the resource restrictions, because waiting for forests to be effective might take a while with all that desert slowing growth down massively. I am not sure what I will run for social engineering yet. I have like no experience playing as the believers so this should be interesting.
                      Last edited by Russia4Life; April 9, 2009, 23:43. Reason: Played for a little while
                      I got scolded in Bold letters by Iluminatus.
                      That makes me sad. :(

I can't use smilies in my signature that makes me even more sad. :(

Comment

• Just realized I'd never updated the Academy zip to reflect the new leader name, Camille Flammarion. Fixed. Like Vlagosz, it's on page two.

No pasarán

Comment

Working...
                        X