No announcement yet.

overwhelmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't misunderstand . . . I lost a bunch of games when learning . Now . . I don't know why, but I haven't faced those early rushes. If I meet the Spartans or catetakers early, they were always willing to make peace long enough for me to beeline to weapons or build a cash stockpile to probesteal a good unit.
    I actually think i listed every game I lost to the AI (all 2 of them ). And when the spartans wiped out University Base it was probably strategic error on my part, as in I told Santiago where to shove her unreasonable demands, not knowing she was in a position to kill me.

Comment

And here I was thinking I was the only nitpicker

My comment was merely to point up the fact that starting right next to an agressive AI can be tough (I said 'death', yes I know!). The original poster seems to be dealing with an early war against superior production. This calls for an adaptive plan rather than the usual 'former-crawler-rec tanks ad nauseum' plan. It might also mean that he has to make a strategic retreat until his weapons are better suited to dismantling his opponents. The fact that he's wondering whether or not to upgrade 20+ military units means he's pushed for early conquest but is 'up against it'.

If you could post a save, that'd be great!
      Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

If keeping your units current is such a burden, try using native life as your main force.
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Blake

I actually think i listed every game I lost to the AI (all 2 of them ). And when the spartans wiped out University Base it was probably strategic error on my part, as in I told Santiago where to shove her unreasonable demands, not knowing she was in a position to kill me.
          Oh I lost way more than 2 in the early days since my gaming approach was to essentially dive in and play. AS things happened , I would look up/figure out what was going on. Then I discovered this place.

I also recall reading the CIV2 forums with people talking about how easy it was to beat deity which I had thought to be near impossible. Now I can scoff at the AI in that game as well.
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Shoot, I still loose on occasion. I don't play to win, I just play. And I'm a compulsive builder, so if I play Santiago I don't take advantage of her strength. Same if I ever played Yang (not likely for this die-hard anticommunist).
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
            X