The Bulk Matter Transmitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bulk Matter Transmitter

What does exactly the Bulk Matter Transmitter do? According to its description, it yields two (2) minerals per base. Isn't that a bit... low, compared to the effects of other Secret Projects close to it in the tech tree?

The BMT actually increases each base's mineral output by 50%, contrary to the documentation.
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

Are you sure? Isn't that a bit too much?

I think I'll respect that project more from now and on...

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Trotsky
        Are you sure? Isn't that a bit too much?
        Yes. Before I posted my reply I fired up a game in progress. Loaded the scenario editor, gave myself Matter Transmission (the prerequisite for the BMT), plus enough credits to build the BMT in one turn. I noted the mineral production in several bases.

After the BMT was built, those bases produced 50% more minerals, not +2.

You also can search this forum for "Bulk Matter Transmitter". This will turn up other posts discussing this matter.
        -- Kosh

Comment

You also can search this forum for "Bulk Matter Transmitter". This will turn up other posts discussing this matter.
          I'm sorry if I started a thread about something that has already been discused, but I'm positive this hasn't been explained here yet. I may be lousy at searching, though.

Comment

No need to apologize. Discussions of old matters often turn up new information.

I searched for the exact phrase "Bulk Matter Transmitter" (w/o the quotes) in the AC-General/Help/Strategy forum, with results shown as posts. Here are two relevant hits:

Not trying to show you up, just trying to help with search technique!
            -- Kosh

Comment

Thanks indeed!

Comment

It's not quite as strong as it sounds, the +50% is only on base minerals.

Like if a base has genejack so is already at 150%, it'll go to 200% not 225%.

If a base has all 4 of the mineral facilities it'll be at 300% and only go to 350% not 450%.

Comment

The effect is still often enough to cause massive global warming and general fungal outrage if you expected just +2 minerals/base.
                  "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                  -BBC news

Comment

Especially if a player didn't 'increase' his clean mineral count earlier on.
                    He who knows others is wise.
                    He who knows himself is enlightened.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Great fun seeing planet go pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, sea rises in 20 years, pop, pop, pop, pop, *something else complete*

Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                        Especially if a player didn't 'increase' his clean mineral count earlier on.

what the heck are clean minerals?

that explains why i always have a huge end-of-the-game planet war good thing MW cant pop up of the world is 99% water
                        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

When pops occur in water, they tend to yield an IoD and tons of locusts.
                          "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                          -BBC news

Comment

locusts are alot easier to deal with,AAA trance andi get less locusts than MW on land anyhow
                            if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

for me locusts tend to avoid the bases and just eat my crawlers

MW you just arty once and then rape 20 of em with one empath rover for plenty of £££
                              Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Working...
                              X