NooB queries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaos Theory
    Skunkworks, while not better than most facilities, provides versatility, due to its undocumented effect.
    It's good to hear that. I've been evil's advocate for Skunkworks before my comrades for a long time. Let us just say that the more they despised it, the more I praised it. Of course it's not a tree farm or a children's creche, but it is nice to have the freedom of retooling without penalty.

Comment

It's free retol for
      unit >> unit
      facility >> facility

does not work if you want to change between unit and facility both ways though.
      Mart
      Map creation contest
      WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Trotsky
        The Skunkworks facility enables you to change between different production categories without penalty. Maybe you have built it in that base.

Trotsky
        -Skunkworks Acolyte
        Remember, on the lower levels of SMAC play, you get the free switching, regardless of if you have a skunkworks.

Also, the Spartans start with the benies of skunkworks already as a faction power.
        -Darkstar
        (Knight Errant Of Spam)

Comment

i thought skunkworks waved the extra cost of making a prototype? or does it do that too?
          Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
          -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

Yes, it does that too.
            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
              Also, the Spartans start with the benies of skunkworks already as a faction power.
              (I assume benies is supposed to be bonus)
              The Spartans get half the function of skunkworks in each base - their prototypes cost no more (but still must be built to enable upgrading at a reasonable cost), but they must retool just like everyone else. While useful, it's a pretty minor bonus.
              "Cutlery confused Stalin"
              -BBC news

Comment

Ah. Sorry. I thought they got the full effect of skunkworks (proto and free swapping of production). Well, it has been too long since I played as them.

You know, just getting free prototypes isn't that useful as a power, especially compared to the other factions. I hope that gets fixed in SMAC2.
                -Darkstar
                (Knight Errant Of Spam)

Comment

Working...
                X