SMAC and WinXP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAC and WinXP

I am trying to install my AC on to this computor and it keeps locking up (The install program) I have DL the patches for XP but still no luck.
    Any Ideas of what the problem is?
    Any help will be appreciated
    MAB

From the FAQ:

Q: I can't install SMAC on a PC running Windows XP. Setup.exe hangs when I try to do so. Can I fix this problem?

A: Try running the XP Program Compatibility Wizard on Setup.exe or run setup.exe in Windows 98/Me Compatability mode. See the following link for instructions on how to do so:

If that doesn't help, look for other threads in this forum related to installation problems, or post here again. Good luck!
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

Ok,
      I have tried all those things, compatability wizard, have the patch, but it does me no good because I can NOT
      install the game. My CD is good.

Comment

i use this, http://www.vmware.com/ to sim win98 and run the game in that,or port it over as only the install needs win98(mine anyway). it might be a tad bit pricy but im sure you can find a good deal somewhere

personally, smac wouldnt install becasue the install code wasnt compatiable with my winxp and it just didnt run(the installer)
        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Working...
        X