AC help, no response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC help, no response

Hi, i'm new here and i have problems with running alpha centauri with windows xp.
    I start the game normaly, choose my race, map..everything and then when i land with my space ship on the planet, during the planetfall the computer just blocks and says terran.exe error..would you like to report this to microsoft bla bla bla...
    I changed compatibility to win 98, again the same...baddddddd

please help me!!!!!!

i have the same problems with civ call to power.
    i changed compatibility to 98, managed to start the game, when i click launch the game the computer says
    "PUT YOUR CALL TO POWER CD IN YOUR CD ROM"
    During the installation the installer told me that i don't have min.system req. my dvd rom has 58x and the comp.said it has 4x..
    PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!! FAST :)

Have you got the Alpha Centauri WinXP Compatability patch?
    #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
    #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

no! where can i get that???
      that will fix the problem!??

Comment

Try here for WinXP Compatibility patch . Seems that they haven't fixed download links on new SMAC devftp site. I'll have to mail them about that.

If I may ask, èemu žurba?
        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

You are for sure.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatus If I may ask, èemu žurba?
            You asked me some question like this, but in Russian...I think we all decided that most people pick flags that look pretty, not necessarily where they are from...so, this emu zuba thing, is it like a type of hat or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Commy

You asked me some question like this, but in Russian...I think we all decided that most people pick flags that look pretty, not necessarily where they are from...so, this emu zuba thing, is it like a type of hat or something?
              It was not me, but my colleague Solver telling you something in Russian. While your assumption is generally correct, new people always choose flags according to their real location. It is also confirmed by the name in his proifle.

Answer to your question would be "What's the rush?". I would be very interested to know how he aquired SMAC, since I believe they don't have it in stock in stores anymore.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Nema žurbe ali mi ne radi!!!! moram postat na ctp
                uðem u igru, sve napravim, stisnem launch the game i izbaci me majku mu. put your call to power cd in your cd rom. riješi mi da proradi i èudo si. ja sam malo glup za ovakve stvari, meni treba cijela procedura bit napisana:)

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny041
                  uðem u igru, sve napravim, stisnem launch the game i izbaci me majku mu. put your call to power cd in your cd rom. riješi mi da proradi i èudo si. ja sam malo glup za ovakve stvari, meni treba cijela procedura bit napisana:)

Now I understand the "no response" part of your topic title...
                  no sig

Comment

He who knows others is wise.
                    He who knows himself is enlightened.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny041
                      First of all, language of this boards is english. Please acknowledge that in future.

Translation:
                      "No hurry but it doesn't work! I have to post this at Call to Power forums too." I start up the game, do everything, press launch the game and get crash to desktop. Sonuva. Put your call to power cd in your cd rom. Please solve this. I am not an expert on this things, so the whole procedure needs to be written down."

He also wants us all to run into highway traffic with our genitals exposed, but I might misinterpret that part.

The problem you described seems like a Call to Power one, not SMAC related. You'll probably need to wait for response on CtP board.

Regarding your previously described troubles with SMAC, have you attempted to install Alpha Centauri XP compatibility patch (try clicking the colored letters in my first post in this thread). It does most likely seems as a Windows XP problem? Also, do you have plain SMAC, or the Alien Crossfire expansion too?

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatus
                        First of all, language of this boards is english. Please acknowledge that in future.
                        Don't blame him! You started speaking in non-English.
                        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

What happened to your spartan avatar Maniac? You've got the old one back.

Comment

I'm hardly active at the ACDG for the moment (or perhaps permanently).
                            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I reinstalled alpha cantauri and reinstalled the compatibility patch and it's still not working, problem with cctp is somekind of cd detecting, put your call to power cd in your cd rom, i'm desperate, tried to play cossacks 2, not working, no more games to play:))
                              write me a guide of a safe installation.
                              i'll do everything, thanx. no more croatia here

Comment

Working...
                              X