Destroying colony pods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destroying colony pods

I don't know if this has been discussed before.

Why isn't destroying colony pods an atrocity? Of course, I have only used it against the aliens, whose bases will drop to pop 1 with colony pods running off in random directions.

Still, this is pretty bad.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Because only the aliens drop to size 1 and spam pods on capture. Human bases just lose 1 pop.
    #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
    #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

I love the alien colony pods. They look like extravagant ottomans or Rococo footrests.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I've often wondered why attacking bases with mind worms isn't an atrocity. And also why the bases don't suffer population loss as the worms EET DAH BRAINZ of the inhabitants.

Comment

Whuh? The colonists on the colony pod are armed with basic handweapons, therefore it shouldn't be an atrocity. I blow up pods as soon as I detect them. Doesn't matter if its alien or human, better to destroy the pod as soon as possible lest they establish a base that could become a bigger nuisance later.
          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
          *****Citizen of the Hive****
          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Heh, not an atrocity. Its only 1000 people.

Comment

1 death is a tragedy, 1000 is a stat
              Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Shush, Hiveling

Comment

I'm the one to deny people rights not you !
                  Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
                    1 death is a tragedy, 1000 is a stat
                    A zero more ore less, who cares, but aren't it 10.000 ?
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

What the original quote ? no it's 1million. As for the colony pods, your guess is as good as anybodies really.

Although if i remember right when you obliterate a base it says doesn't it ?

Comment

It starts as a Civ2 mission to Alpha Centauri, which would have 10k-40k people. The pods that make it to the surface are survivors of the sabotaged mission, 1000 each.
                        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
                          What the original quote ? no it's 1million. As for the colony pods, your guess is as good as anybodies really.

Although if i remember right when you obliterate a base it says doesn't it ?
                          Yep. Obliterating a base of size 1 says killing 10.000 and since a CP reduces pop by one, then it would be a prudent guess that those 10.000 are in the CP - I'm not sure that I want to know what happened to the other 9000 if a CP only caries 1.000
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

War is hell as they say
                            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

What's even more fun is Planet Bustering a colony pod that's in the middle of transit between two or more enemy bases.

But then THAT is an atrocity....unless you repeal the charter like I like to do.
                              Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                              *****Citizen of the Hive****
                              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X