Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote for SMAC2 at firaxis.com

There's a poll over at firaxis.com

If you haven't already, go vote for SMAC2!

It's currently in the lead, but not by much.

I voted for it.
    I just don't want to see happen to it what happened to Civ3. Less complex, so the AI can keep up is wrong.

Comment

I voted, but I hope they plan on making it a PC game. I remember playing Civ on the SNES that was a horrible experience.

Comment

smac is in the lead by a long ways,but does the results of that poll actually mean anything?
        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

All I can tell you is that I was reading an interview with Sid on the site where he mentioned that he still gets email asking for a new SMAC game. At the bottom there was a link to email him with comments etc and I sent a mail adding my sentiments that he should do a new SMAC. The next day I heard back from the webmaster pointing me to this poll. Hopefully there's some chance Firaxis and Sid are paying attention.

Comment

Re: Vote for SMAC2 at firaxis.com

Originally posted by slappy
            There's a poll over at firaxis.com
            If you haven't already, go vote for SMAC2!
            Thanx for the link, slappy - I'll vote as soon as I get home from work!

In the meantime why maybe I'll use my company's LAN'd test computers to cast a few "extra" votes for SMAC(X).....

D

Comment

you can just delete the cookie for firaxis.com and do it again ^^
              if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Voted.

Comment

45 % at present, way in the lead thus.
                  He who knows others is wise.
                  He who knows himself is enlightened.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Mmm, I don't know... I wonder how good SMAC 2 could be without Brian Reynolds on the lead... I know that he doesn't seem interested in doing TBS games anymore, but if he could make a deal with Firaxis and lead the design team, then I think that SMAC2 could be an awesome game.

This is why I haven't voted yet. I'd rather not see a sequel to SMAC than to see a lousy one.
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

But does Firaxis have the talent to _improve_ on SMAC/X? With Reynolds, and IIRC Train et al, having left, SidCo haven't done anything appropriately innovative in strategy since the original Civ, unless they plan on modelling SMAC2 on Antietam!

My #1 wish is that the AI coordinate attacks, at least by accumulating units, then rushing with them, rather than sending them one at a time to the slaughter.
                      ftp://ftp.sff.net/pub/people/zoetrope/MOO2/
                      Zoe Trope

Comment

Voted for SMAC and posted a link on the SMAC forum at CGN.

Firaxis has, in the past, taken into account cogent suggestions from Apolyton (and other gamer forums). If they decide to remake SMAC, we can expect that our input will be seriously considered. The original SMAC development team used to post on this forum all the time.

If you're pessimistic about the prospects for a new version, you can always read the comments from those of us who buy the game. Then decide whether you want it.
                        "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
                        -- Kosh

Comment

thanks for bringing this to our attention!
                          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Petek
                            The original SMAC development team used to post on this forum all the time.
                            IIRC, we didn't have a SMAC forum after the game had come out. I was at OWO (or wherever the Firaxis SMAC forum was at) though, so I could be wrong.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

IIRC, we didn't have a SMAC forum after the game had come out. I was at OWO (or wherever the Firaxis SMAC forum was at) though, so I could be wrong.
                              I was thinking of something like the following thread from the archives:

I see postings from Jeffrey Morris and Tim Train, also from some guy named Urban Ranger!
                              "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
                              -- Kosh

Comment

Working...
                              X