Vote for SMAC2 at firaxis.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barinthus
    thanks for bringing this to our attention!
    No problem! I hope we make a strong enough showing to get them thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Petek
      I see postings from Jeffrey Morris and Tim Train, also from some guy named Urban Ranger!
      Oh, that was after Alpha Centauri came out, and Firaxis decided to shutdown their forum.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I voted.
        Current results:

[b]50% Sid Meier’s Alpha Centauri[b]
        1% Sid Meier’s Sim Golf
        4% Sid Meier’s Gettysburg!
        22% Sid Meier’s Colonization
        2% Sid Meier’s Covert Action
        2% Sid Meier’s Railroad Tycoon
        0% Gunship
        1% F-19 Stealth Fighter
        2% Red Storm Rising
        3% Silent Service
        11% I don’t care about remakes, give me something new!
        #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
        #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

I voted for Colonization, as it's more due for a remake than SMACX.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Traitor! The fanboy in me prevents me acknowledging anything else as worthy.

(btw, I've never played colonization. Whats it like?)

Comment

After my vote it is up to 52% this morning (May 4th) with a rock'n 30 point lead

Furthermore, I vote we knight slappy for bringing this to our attention, and make the traitor Sikander his squire/shoe-shine boy for his blasphemous remarks.

I was also happy to note how many people understand gameplay is what it is all about.

4. Graphics or Gameplay?
              Percent Answer
              3% It’s gotta be pretty
              54% Balance is the key
              43% Who cares about graphics?
              "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
              "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
              "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
              "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Ok, I decided to vote for SMAC2... I've always wanted a sequel to SMAC, and this desire overcomes any doubts I may have about who is going to create it...
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by livid imp
                  I was also happy to note how many people understand gameplay is what it is all about.
                  If they do it right, they'll make the graphics moddable, and if someone wants to go crazy on the graphics, they'd have the ability to do so.

Comment

Uhh... tough call for me...

A new Covert Action... what a great idea!
                    Could finally be an Ego-Shooter with much much more strategy, travelling etc. Less "just shoot like hell" and more tactics/thinking, riddle solving, car hunting, observation etc. (More brain, less pain ).
                    Basically (perfectly) balanced like the good old original game.
                    And if it would have a MP modus and be well done... WOW!

Colonization would be nice, too. But I hope the FreeCol (or what ever it is or will be called) will do.
                    ACAX... of course, but more a better/newer version and no re-make.

Really tough for me... I've chosen Covert Action... sorry
                    Greetings, H.Humpel

Comment

SMAC in the lead with 55%...

Comment

Originally posted by Senethro
                        Traitor! The fanboy in me prevents me acknowledging anything else as worthy.

(btw, I've never played colonization. Whats it like?)
                        It's really dated now, and even then suffered with little support. But it had some really cool concepts, like population points which were mobile and had individual skill sets and functioned as workers, settlers or soldiers. You could build schools, colleges and universities and train your generic population units to become more specialized, which made them more productive in their chosen field.

There were numerous things your workers could produce, and moderately complicated steps for producing more complicated things like muskets, cannon, ships. Economically the game was head and shoulders above any of the Civilization games. A builder's paradise, though like every game in the entire Civ universe, still a pretty poor wargame.
                        He's got the Midas touch.
                        But he touched it too much!
                        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I voted for Simgolf

Comment

How appropriate, Dissident.
                            #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
                            #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                              I voted for Simgolf
                              We have found a witch, may we burn her?!?
                              "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
                              "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                              "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
                              "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

58% with a 39 point lead over Colonization.

I wonder how many are direct from Apolyton.

I was annoyed that I had to choose a favorite gameing platfor aside from the PC. I have played exactly one game on something besides a PC, and it was at a friends house.

Comment

Working...
                                X