No announcement yet.

Favorite factions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Cyborgs, for no particular reason I fear (sorry to break the chain of thoughts)

Comment

• I'm a fan of University simply because they pretty much believe exactly what I believe, but I've been playing them less because it gets too easy. Morgan is another nice building faction which I've been playing more often recently. I actually enjoyed the Believers when I played them, although admittedly that was the first game where I actually build an early-game army (wait, you mean more troops is better?), and I had spoils of war on so the tech penalty wasn't too noticeable.

I really do get the feel, though, that the Believers are a bit too much of a caricature. It's tiresome to see that democracy is godless or that it's God's will for her to pronounce vendetta on me and then two turns later God's will is for me to declare a blood truce with her. She's the sort of person where you wonder who let her on the Unity in the first place :P
      There is no greater wealth than wisdom, no greater poverty than ignorance; no greater heritage than culture and no greater support than consultation. - Ali ibn Abi-Talib

Comment

• Perhaps she sustained injuries in the crash that caused her to be mentally unbalanced. Maybe she was trapped in a room without oxygen or something. (Isn't there something like that in the official opening story by Michael Ely?)
        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. President
          Perhaps she sustained injuries in the crash that caused her to be mentally unbalanced. Maybe she was trapped in a room without oxygen or something. (Isn't there something like that in the official opening story by Michael Ely?)
          No. What Miriam did do was take those colonists under her wing that were in the really severely damaged part of the Unity, burned, starving and desperate. Apparently, no matter how nice and charismatic Miriam actually was in the story, only the most down-trodden and desperate can possibly agree with her brand of Christianity.

Of all the faction leaders it was Domai who suffered brain damage as a result of the Unity malfunctioning.
          "I'm too young and too male to be the mother of a seventeen year old female me!"

Comment

Working...
          X