Favorite factions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite factions...

I asked this like the first day I joined apolyton, but I feel I need to ask again, mostly because I'm just curious...but also because it's nice to be up to date...

Which faction is basically your favorite? You can go by idealogy of the faction or which one you just like the most...you don't have to actually play them, just like them...

You can pick two, if you really are torn between a couple, but if you can only pick one...
    Gaians
    13.11%
    Hive
    9.29%
    University
    19.67%
    Morganites
    10.38%
    Spartans
    6.01%
    Believers
    1.64%
    Peacekeepers
    13.66%
    Cyborgs
    7.10%
    Pirates
    6.56%
    Drones
    6.56%
    Angels
    2.19%
    Cult
    1.09%
    Caretakers
    0.00%
    Ursurpers
    2.73%

Voted.

Hive

Drones

Agree with the ideology of the Hive...as well as the playing style of the Hive. Drones cause of the ideology and the playing style.

But Hive above all else. Same as the first time I voted, and will never change.
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Morgan, Peacekeepers and Pirates.

I love builder-style.
      Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
      -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

WHO PICKED THE PEACEKEEPERS???
        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically

Comment

Originally posted by Mark123jansen
          Morgan, Peacekeepers and Pirates.

I love builder-style.
          I voted for those as well as the University and the Hive, two more good builder factions.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I can't say I'm surprised at early dominance of PKs and Drones, how can you not like factions who can deal with the second citizen drone while in an early free market?

Comment

Peacekeepers are my favourite. University and Morganites are my 2 alternites.

I really don't care for the rest (but I've played them all except caretakers- I'll get around to playing them eventually).
              Last edited by Dis; April 25, 2005, 04:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
                WHO PICKED THE PEACEKEEPERS???
                raises hand.

I have another thread explaining why I like the peacekeepers. They fit with my ideals the most.

Comment

Morgan, Cyborg, Usurpers.
                  #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
                  #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

raises hand.

I have another thread explaining why I like the peacekeepers. They fit with my ideals the most.

Looks for Dissident's thread

Comment

it was actually within another thread, not my own thread.

Someone was suggesting we have a quiz to tell which faction we closely related to idealogically. I said that wasn't necessary, as the Peacekeepers are my closest faction.

Comment

Angels. But I see they're not very popular faction.

Oh, an PKs.

Both are close to me ideologically, tho from different reasons. And Frankychan, there's nothing bad with having democratic views, you know.

Comment

The Drones are KING! The people will rise above their oppressors

University being a extremely close second. The Drones only win out becuase they have industrial capacity and can just steal the tech they need. Univeristy has the tech, but can't steal the industrial capacity they need.

Third place is a tie between Morganites and the CyCon.
                          "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
                          "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                          "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
                          "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Give me the Uni, or give me death!

Oh, and livid...if you believe that, you should see some of my games. The Uni's ability to get to Ind. Auto (and crawlers) first should not be underestimated.
                            Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                              it was actually within another thread, not my own thread.

Someone was suggesting we have a quiz to tell which faction we closely related to idealogically. I said that wasn't necessary, as the Peacekeepers are my closest faction.
                              It's all good.

Originally posted by Kirov

Both are close to me ideologically, tho from different reasons. And Frankychan, there's nothing bad with having democratic views, you know.

I just don't like how Lal paints Yang as a demon, but yet he's just as ruthless. If you don't agree with him, you must be evil.
                              Last edited by Frankychan; April 26, 2005, 05:19.

Comment

Working...
                              X