Question That'll Take One Reply to Answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frankychan
    This seems, in my eyes, to take away blame from Yang and shift it to Morgan. "Noble" man. "Silk". "Give a TOAST". All these seem to mark themselves as a trait of Morgan's psyche.
    I thought this was Domai having flashes of himself before he got braindamaged.

I think Nwabudike is a sleeper, many people don't see his ruthlessness. While it might not be so blatant as Yang, Morgan's ruthlessness is devious as well as borderline criminal.
    Anyone here ever read Jennifer Government? Compared to John Nike, Nwabudike is a businessman with honesty and integrity.
    "I'm too young and too male to be the mother of a seventeen year old female me!"

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatus

I don't think Believers would treat them that bad - they are their fellow believing bothers as well. Spartan Federation would certainly not have guards that are easily overpowered like in the excerpt, but would treat them just as bad. Gaians and police don't go hand by hand - they would surely treat drones better than that, they are freedom loving just as Peecekeepers. Gaians also don't have a strong elite.
      Ah, forgot about the Believers. Yeah, I agree. Probably be the "charitable church" type deal. Spartans, ok I can see your point...would probably want some strong bodies around. Gaians, ok. Probably just as fair to drones as the PK's.

Miriam friendly to Drones....yeah, I kinda thought that...but I didn't want to say it. She can be pretty brutal ingame tho.
      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
      *****Citizen of the Hive****
      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

It should be noted that there are strong hints in Centauri Arrival leading to Morgan as source of Drone faction (man in the silk suit, individual quarters for Domai) but perhaps it was intended this way to intentionally mislead us or to show that elitist societies are a clear enemy to egalitarian Drone society.
        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Honestly, I don't see somebody escaping from the Hive without being shot...but then again, I don't see anybody that would have more motivation...

Comment

Working...
          X