Question That'll Take One Reply to Answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question That'll Take One Reply to Answer

What faction did the Drones break off from? Which one did the Nautilus leave?

Apparently, the Drones broke away from the Hive. But as far as I can tell, the Pirates didn't come from any one faction.
    "I'm too young and too male to be the mother of a seventeen year old female me!"

Comment

Just a bunch of people who decided to live in the sea they seemed to start running out of ideas for factions by this stage
      Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

IIRC, just like the Angels the Pirates broke off from the Morganites. Once mentioned I think in those short introductionary stories written for SMAX.
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Re: Question That'll Take One Reply to Answer

Originally posted by MysticWind
          What faction did the Drones break off from? Which one did the Nautilus leave?
          Drones break off from Hive, confirmed by both story and manual. There is no clear data on Pirates, except they abandon a land hugging faction quickly. However, Centauri Arrival may suggest it is Morgan - "Even Morgan knows nothing of our little experiment." "Yeah, Morgan would not approve." His first mate narrowed her sea green eyes and looked out at the ship again. " I presume Pirates were kind of sponsored interest group for Morgan ( ) which had the task to disrupt competition's shipping. However Ulrik persuaded them to break off and live on tehir own.
          SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Second guess for Pirates would be University, since they used and captured University ships...

Comment

No, the Data Angels came off the University.
              The Pirates hate them on any game I don't play as either.

Comment

No, the Data Angels came from the Morgans.
                He who knows others is wise.
                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Actually, I just read (I think in-game text) that Roze was in charge of one of the Morgan software thing-a-ma-jigs.

Plus this link confirms she is linked to Morgan, not Zach: http://devftp.firaxis.com/smac/infogirls.cfm
                  Further more, according to the link:

Aki is linked to Zach

Domai commandeered a colony pod during landfall

Sven has no link to anyone

and Chewed On was picked out of the fungus like a pink squishy fruit.....with yellow eyes
                  "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
                  "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                  "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
                  "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

And didn't the Cult break off out of the Gaians?

And the Cyborg break out of the UA?
                    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                    Templar Science Minister
                    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by livid imp
                      and Chewed On was picked out of the fungus like a pink squishy fruit.....with yellow eyes
                      ... by ecological malcontents, Gaians I presume.
                      He who knows others is wise.
                      He who knows himself is enlightened.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by livid imp
                        Domai commandeered a colony pod during landfall
                        Error. I presume you base your assumption on this:
                        Once recovered, Domai led his co-workers in a revolt at their brutal working conditions, commandeered a colony pod, and set out for Planet in command of his new band of followers.
                        He didn't commandeer landing colony pod, he commandeered an ordinary colony pod. Domai revolted against Human Hive, where he had a terrible experience as a common drone.
                        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Doublepost.

To alleviate this problem, here is a random SMACX quote:

"Now it's day and night the irons clang, and like poor galley slaves
                          We toil and toil, and when we die, must fill dishonored graves
                          But some dark night, when everything is silent in the town
                          I'll shoot those tyrants one and all, I'll gun the flogger down
                          I'll give the land a little shock, remember what I say,
                          And they'll yet regret they've sent Jim Jones in chains to Botany Bay."

"Jim Jones", Traditional
                          Last edited by Illuminatus; April 14, 2005, 13:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatus

Error. I presume you base your assumption on this:

He didn't commandeer landing colony pod, he commandeered an ordinary colony pod. Domai revolted against Human Hive, where he had a terrible experience as a common drone.
                            Yep, my bad. I assumed they meant during landfall.
                            "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
                            "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                            "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
                            "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Well, I doubt you can commandeer a landing pod while suffering poisoning from toxic gases. Then again, Miriam managed to commandeer one.

Comment

Working...
                              X