No announcement yet.

A SMAC review you may not have seen before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad you brought up D-Day and Italy, as I think that they are particularly pertinent to this discussion because.....oh never mind.
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by IdaGno
      If I had a copy of Chairman Mao's Little Red Book, I'd know precisely where to shove it.

Mine's on the bookcase, next to the Koran and the Authorized Version of the Bible.

In the fiction area.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

In the fiction area.
        That's the right place for it!
        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Close by Adam Smith's "The Wealth of Nations"?
          ftp://ftp.sff.net/pub/people/zoetrope/MOO2/
          Zoe Trope

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetrope
            Close by Adam Smith's "The Wealth of Nations"?

Indeed (albeit 'The Wealth of Nations' has the virtue of being well-written, whereas 'The Little Red Book' doesn't, at least in translation) .
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
            X