Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newby Here - Have Bought Planetary Pack Help Me :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newby Here - Have Bought Planetary Pack Help Me :)

Hi

I'm a newby here.

I just bought a new sealed copy of Planetary Pack.

My PC is Althon 2500+ xp pro.
    ati-radeon 64 ddr
    512 ddr
    80 G
    And nothing truly special.

I would like to know if I'm going to have problem with it hehe...

And why is the firaxis website not offering more support for alpha centauri ? No download work on the site and there is no way to know if that game can be adapted to windows XP.

Is alien crossfire working too ?

I cant wait to have them and try it. But while I'm waiting maybe someone can help me to resolve eventual problem, so when I got It, I can spend all my time to play.

Thanks.

Your system should work fine. I've got an athlon system, Win2K and have never had any problems playing alien crossfire.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
      Your system should work fine. I've got an athlon system, Win2K and have never had any problems playing alien crossfire.
      But you dont have windows XP

this is what may cause problem

I Cant wait to play this game.

I know this game since he exist but never played it. I finnally decided myself when I was buying Civilization 3 complete on Ebay, to get the conquer expansion and replace my play the world beta, I saw a mention : try other title : Alpha Centauri, then I click and start looking that game on firaxis web site.

Sad to see that they no more upgrade or do anything with that, even web site support.

But the pictures and the things I've read in this forum convinced me lot.

Now I can wait to play that.

As an oldshool civilization and colonization fan, as the other following titles, I think I will really enjoy this missing one in my collection.

I'm gonna spend lot of hour on SMACX alternate with the civilization 3 complete I'm waiting too.

Hehehe

Comment

It's very, very, very rare that Win2K can run something that WinXP can't, they are damn near equivalent, WinXP just has a few more features for running old games better, like Master of Orion 2 and anything that uses Vesa drivers.

WinXP runs SMACX fine.

Ofcourse you might want the Alien Crossfire Patch 2.0, for the bug fixes and stuff.

Comment

Isn't there a windows XP patch floating around somewhere?
          -bondetamp
          The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
          -H. L. Mencken

Comment

There is I think you can still find it on the firaxis site, if not I'm sure some ac sites will still carry it.

Welcome to the AC fold! Most of us find this game better than Civ 3 when you feel ready join a few online games they are much much more fun!
            A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

I see a good atmosphere here.

I found the good place to discuss with fan of Sid Meir's games.

Excuse my english, since I'm from Québec I usually speak french

I will have SMAC/X in like 7-10 days.

while I'm waiting I'm looking stuff about this great game.

That seem so cool, cant wait to have it and play it.

This game look like THE GAME I always wanted to play

Is that normal that the firaxis website dowload for SMAC/X patch dont work ?

Think this game is discount... (abandonned)

Comment

ManOWar2, welcome to the forums.

Check the Apolyton Directory if you're looking for patches, as Blake has pointed out.

Also, check over this forum for some good strategy articles on SMAC, there are lots of info around here, including the forum archives.

Have fun!
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

the game is a bit old now, the firaxis website probably won't have good support. http://smac.2be.cc/tools.html. this site has a patch, I'm not sure if it's the right patch. But more importantly, they have Vel's strategy guide.

Comment

This forum provide great support.

I gotta wait 1 week at least to have the game.

Damn, If I keep reading on this forum, I'm gonna get crazy. The more I read, The more I want to play SMAC/X.

Thanks

Comment

I think you'll love the game. As an old gamer myself (Pirates, Civ 1, Civ 2, Railroad Tycoon, Colonization etc. ) I have to say that SMAC/X has given me the most pleasure of any game. It has so many different ways to do things that it remains interesting for years. Enjoy.
                      He's got the Midas touch.
                      But he touched it too much!
                      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Also, if you want to learn tricks and strategies fast (in case you're completely new to the game) I recommend signing in on one of the teams in the Democracy Game. At present 4 teams of players hone their skills against each other, and all questions are welcome whatever team you choose (preferably pick one which you like).
                        He who knows others is wise.
                        He who knows himself is enlightened.
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Links? You want SMAC links?

I got your SMAC links right here:

http://home.ripway.com/2005-1/234484/links.html

Since the Firaxis site went AWOL I've been collecting whatever I can still find onlne. Enjoy!

GFC
                          "The first rule of Girlfight Club: No one gossips about Girlfight Club. That means you, Sheryl."
                          -----------------------------
                          Girlfight_club of Toliman has authorized a secret project, "The Planetary Datalinks": http://planetarydatalinks.hub.io

Comment

Thanks guys, that's nice.

I'm very interested in signing in a group of multiplayer gamers.

That will be so nice

I will do it.

Comment

Links? You want SMAC links?

I got your SMAC links right here:

http://home.ripway.com/2005-1/234484/links.html

Since the Firaxis site went AWOL I've been collecting whatever I can still find onlne. Enjoy!

GFC
                              "The first rule of Girlfight Club: No one gossips about Girlfight Club. That means you, Sheryl."
                              -----------------------------
                              Girlfight_club of Toliman has authorized a secret project, "The Planetary Datalinks": http://planetarydatalinks.hub.io

Comment

Working...
                              X