No announcement yet.

Favorite SMAX Faction 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drones because they are easy and powerfull for gameplay. However for fun I would vote Pirates since their style of play is "different".
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Caratakers have the best looking bases which is a big factor to me, but since the alien factions are a bit too good my vote goes to Cybernetic chick.
      "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Cyborgs have very good graphics as well!
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Progenitor : Talk : Fine.
          #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
          #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

I liked playing the Caretakers when I first got SMAX: watching the likes of Yang and Miriam cower in the com-vid screen as my Battle Ogre and mindworms wrecked havoc with their fledgeling bases - ah, those were the days......
            I also like playing the Pirates, what with their marine detachment capability and all.

D

Comment

I find -1 growth to be an extremely harsh penalty though. I used to like playing the Cyborgs, but now I just can't stand them. Growth is SO important in this game...
              Play hangman.

Comment

I find -1 growth to be an extremely harsh penalty though. I used to like playing the Cyborgs, but now I just can't stand them. Growth is SO important in this game...
                Hough, brother Chaunk has spoken!

I mean - it's 100% correct!

Voted for angels - they have 2 good features:
                1.2 techs needed for IA
                2.just build EG & you've got the best chance to win!

Haven't played drones much - dislike 10 yrs without research, but they can be VERY good too!
                -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I voted the Data Angels for no other reason than that messing (the others) around with Probe Teams is fun.
                  "I'm too young and too male to be the mother of a seventeen year old female me!"

Comment

Wait wait. Who voted for Chewed' On?

I voted for CyCon, though, like the rest of you seem to, I also like the Pirates and Drones. The other factions are not much fun to play for various reasons. The Pro-janitors, because I can't sympathise. Chaw Doom, because his penalties are crippling for a builder. Angels, because it's too momentum agressive for me without real builderly options to fall back on.

I find all the Smac factions fun to play. I think it's kinda too bad that the Smax factions weren't as well balanced.
                    Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

Still, 3 SMAX factions are on your list...
                      He who knows others is wise.
                      He who knows himself is enlightened.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by smacksim
                        The other factions are not much fun to play.... Angels, because it's too momentum agressive for me without real builderly options to fall back on.
                        I don't get it. Is that a typo? I like the Angels because they're so close to IA. Plus it's natural for them to use lots of probes for exploration if they want to use FM. Their only penalty of -1 Police means they don't have "real buildery options?"

I voted CyCon as my favorite, though. With Dem/FM/Wealth and 100% econ, you can build infrastructure as well as anybody. Then after you boom with Planned/GA, back to FM with 100% labs (with facilities). Pretty wicked, IMO.
                        "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

Not a typo, but you're right I suppose. I just have trouble being a builder with them. Maybe it's a lack of focus, or I get too caught up in playing probe-the-alien
                          Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

Originally posted by smacksim
                            Originally posted by Chaunk
                            Favourite to play or ideology wise?
                            That's exactly what I was going to ask. Could you mention your answer in the first post, plz?
                            Well the point of a single choice poll is to see which option you value the most. I could have made a multiple selection poll, but that would only tell us what the three or four most popular factions (CyCon, Drones, Pirates, Angles, no big mystery there). The single choice poll forces you to pick only the best of the seven.

I picked Drones, but they only barely edge out the CyCon. Regardless, I had to pick one. I obivuosly am partial to raw power, but fun plays a big factor too. I even have to admit, one of the reasons I don't like the aliens is the way their units look (why do all aliens have to look like they were modeled after a patch of lichen anyway?). I don't care if you choose because of power, looks, fun, etc. The question is simply: "which is your favorite?"
                            "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
                            "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                            "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
                            "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

drones

Comment

Originally posted by Chaunk
                                yeah they can't run green because of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X