This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 'poly loading slow today?

I can't seem to reply to anything in less than a minute.
    It's been in Snail Mode for 8 hours now...

I can do it in about 5 seconds.

which is slow for me.

Comment

It's always in snail mode for me (I rely on dial-up). Today it actually seems faster than normal for me (10-15 seconds/page.)
      Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Lately, especially this morning, apolyton has been pretty slow. I don't know why. It has been on and off for the last few days now...

Comment

It's been slow this afternoon, even for DSL/cable downloads.

Seems to be better now, though - maybe the European traffic has subsided for the night

Comment

It's slow again.
            The site admins really need to do something - since I'm getting nothing but database errors when I try to reply.

-tries to reply repeatedly-

Comment

Markos must be busy still with the army. Things seem to go better when he is around. The DB software isn't designed to handle the level of traffic that Poly generates, so it has problems unless he is there to watch it.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

And this should be moved to A/C forum.... (BTW Poly is like this for around ten days now)
                SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

It's fast today.

The thing is it was slow for me yesterday. But all my other websites were slow as well. Druge, CNN, my local paper website.

Comment

Diss: Join the Spartans already.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

'poly needs to double-time it.

Comment

I have pipeline, and it took 3:37 to make a post yesterday.

Comment

working fine today for me
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

So only commy and I are in the crapper with the link?

Comment

I guess-- still good here
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                              X