Can you make squares ROCKY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you make squares ROCKY?

I was just wondering, because I can't figure it out. I know how to level terrain to make it less rocky, but how do you make the terrain more rocky? Oh, and can you control how rivers flow?

Raising (and maybe lowering) terrain will sometimes increase the rockiness of tiles.

You can control the directions of rivers to some extent by drilling nearby rivers, or by raising/lowering nearby terrain. You can also end rivers by placing boreholes in their paths.
    "Cutlery confused Stalin"
    -BBC news

Comment

Re: Can you make squares ROCKY?

Originally posted by Commy
      but how do you make the terrain more rocky?
      Only way I know is thru the scenario editor

Originally posted by Chaos Theory
      You can also end rivers by placing boreholes in their paths.
      But shouldn't that then create oodles of steam, falling as rain on the nearest highland (as the river plummets 100 kilometers into the superheated heart of the borehole)

Comment

Some boreholes have that effect, especially if you place them on the coast.

Make terrain more rocky? Why bother... just plonk a borehole down.

Comment

Well, I never actually thought of a use for it, I was just simply wondering if you could...

Comment

Not except by chance, in raising land.

Comment

Why make rockyness, satellite minerals are way better. all cleen and the more you have the less time to build, unlike terraforming wich always takes the same amount of time.
              Are you safe from the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide? Learn more at www.DHMO.org.

Comment

Rocky tiles are the ultimate defensive terrain.
                Forest: +50% vs ground
                Rocky: +50% vs ground, +50% vs air
                Fungus: +50% vs ground, +50% vs air, -50% vs Psi

Rivers can be chanelled by raising mountains along either side of the river, pretty hard to imagine why you might want to do that though - altough on atleast one ocassion I have drilled a river on the slope of a peak in order to create a river through a mess of rocky and fungus tiles.

Comment

/me builds a bunker

Comment

Have fun cowering from the needlejets in it :P

Comment

Nessus Mining Stations are *always* clean minerals? Can someone say yes to this? I'm such a noob, I hate eco damage and have never built them. That's is probably why I didn't know that >pop< increases clean minerals by one till a little bit ago reading this thread... And I thought I played this game a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
                        * Enigma_Nova builds a bunker
                        If you do that, you deserves a fungus pop on that tile
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell01
                          Nessus Mining Stations are *always* clean minerals? Can someone say yes to this? I'm such a noob, I hate eco damage and have never built them. That's is probably why I didn't know that >pop< increases clean minerals by one till a little bit ago reading this thread... And I thought I played this game a lot.
                          Welcome to Apolyton! For complete information on ecodamge, see this article.

It looks like you may be going through the old threads. That's a good idea: You'll find lots of interesting material. Don't overlook the archived threads, which may be found on the main forum page, right below the Off-Topic forum.

This post contains links to lots of good articles in the archive.

(I'm going to add this last link to the FAQ, mainly because I always have a hard time finding it!)
                          "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
                          -- Kosh

Comment

Minerals from mineral satellites themselves are clean. If you have mineral multipliers, however, the resulting extra minerals are not clean. For example, a base with 10 normal minerals and a genejack factory that benefits from 6 satellites will produce (10+6)*1.5 = 24 minerals, but will only pollute as if it produced 10*1.5 + 6*.5 = 18 minerals.
                            "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                            -BBC news

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Theory
                              Minerals from mineral satellites themselves are clean. If you have mineral multipliers, however, the resulting extra minerals are not clean. For example, a base with 10 normal minerals and a genejack factory that benefits from 6 satellites will produce (10+6)*1.5 = 24 minerals, but will only pollute as if it produced 10*1.5 + 6*.5 = 18 minerals.
                              Now that is odd. Who was the industrious researcher who discovered this?

Comment

Working...
                              X