No announcement yet.

Difference between supercollider and theory of everything SPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Often you lose some of the early game projects. I often pick the ME to lose, rather than immediately useful projects such as the WP, VW, or PTS. In that event, you need to set up a SSC in a fairly undistinguished city.

Regarding the cumulative effect of the SC and the ToE yet again:
    x = lab output of a particular base, without the SC or ToE
    2x = its lab output with either the SC or ToE
    3x = its lab output with both the SC or ToE
    End of story.
    "Cutlery confused Stalin"
    -BBC news

Comment

Commy:

When a base discovers a tech, research resets to a new tech at 0 accumulated rp's at the next base. The "leftover" lab output at the first base is wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Santiago_Clause
        Commy:

When a base discovers a tech, research resets to a new tech at 0 accumulated rp's at the next base. The "leftover" lab output at the first base is wasted.
        Which is why you put your SSC in one of your oldest bases (most people put it in their HQ to minimize efficiency losses) and set you labs low enough to "just " discover a prior tech. If your SSC can produce more labs by itself than your complete tech cost, :

1. reallocate some crawlers/trawlers to another base
        2. Lower your labs and use the additional cash to build weapons or infrastructure.
        3. Lower your research rating in favor of something else
        4.The game is probably overwhelmingly won anyway
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I still don't see why to build them in two different bases. Not that I ever build them anyway, playing as Morgan, but let's think about it. THere is no need to worry about planet busters if you have flechettes, and ODPs. Also, if the base is well in my empire, just take out all the garrison units. Then the base can't be planet busted, problem solved. Just have to hope those mindworms don't screw you.

Comment

The point is that if your base produces 100,000 labs per turn, and your tech cost is 45,000 labs, you're wasting the other 55,000 labs you're generating.

Comment

Originally posted by Commy
              THere is no need to worry about planet busters if you have flechettes, and ODPs.
              I can agree with this unless your opponent has enough ODPs to take out yours-- In a game I am playing my 17 ODPs just took out my opponents 7 as a precursor to a PB drop. The flechette may be effective but again there is a percetage chance it will get through

Also, if the base is well in my empire, just take out all the garrison units. Then the base can't be planet busted, problem solved. Just have to hope those mindworms don't screw you.
              Not only do you have to empty the base but every tile within 4 tiles, otherwise you can get caught at the edge of the explosion and vaporized as well
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by CEO Aaron
                The point is that if your base produces 100,000 labs per turn, and your tech cost is 45,000 labs, you're wasting the other 55,000 labs you're generating.
                Exactly right but you can ameliorate the problem by rehoming a couple of hundred crawlers

Comment

I still don't see why to build them in two different bases. Not that I ever build them anyway, playing as Morgan, but let's think about it.
                  Huh? You only play to make ECs? I dun get it.

Commy, one certainly doesn't always need to build them in separate bases. Nor is the opposite true. There will be times when it's best to build them in different bases. That's the point I'm making. Not that one should always do one or the other. And if you are going to play a perfect game and have all the EC/SP projects in a single base and have no threats against that base, then there really isn't a point, is there? It is the threats that should give one pause.

-Smack
                  Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

First, before you go on about lab points being wasted, remember that I am not as experienced as you, and I certainly am never going to be getting a tech every turn.

Also, I rarely build SPs, not because I don't want to, but because I forget and am too lazy. Once I get bio-engineering, I just keep cranking out clean garrisons and interceptors for defense. I kind of forget about building SPs. On a normal game, I may only build the Merchant Exchange and Telepathic Matrix. I remember the ME because it is very early on, and as for the Telepathic Matrix, well when I switch to Eudaimonia, I realize it's time to build a project.

So anyway, with that in mind, I don't see any reason to build the projects, specifically the supercollider and ToE, in separate bases. The last time I ever lost a base, even when playing on Transcend, which is quite often, was a couple of months ago when I was playing as the gaians and got stuck between the progenitors on a tiny, tiny island and literally got caught in an alien crossfire. And the last time I got successfully Planet Busted was before I last lost a base, way back before I got crossfire.

I simply go for the best benefit, so, if I actually were to build the two projects, I don't see why not to build them in the same base.

Comment

Working...
                    X