Picture Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here was a fun one!

Civ4 CFC Hall of Fame: Forums, Rules, FAQ, Tables, Email: hof.civfanatics@gmail.com

Comment

• Ok, I have to ask this....Why are you down in a hole Methos?! And please don't tell me "it's because it is there."

Comment

• Originally posted by Wittlich
        Ok, I have to ask this....Why are you down in a hole Methos?! And please don't tell me "it's because it is there."
        He is a miner I believe
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Wittlich
          Ok, I have to ask this....Why are you down in a hole Methos?! And please don't tell me "it's because it is there."
          My other hobby is caving. That was the entrance.
          Civ4 CFC Hall of Fame: Forums, Rules, FAQ, Tables, Email: hof.civfanatics@gmail.com

Comment

• Cudos to you, I couldn't do that. I was in a cave some years back and could almost feel the tons pressing down. I just passed it off but don't feel inclined to go back.

The only place I've ever felt the walls closing in.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• I've done a very small bit of caving when I was young, but it was not quite that complex of caving I could actually walk into the cave, though some ropes were required to get up ledges once or twice. Being the scrabbly young lad that I was, I and my friend usually were the ones to scramble up the ledge and get the rope set
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• @Lancer: I can understand. My fear isn't so much the closing in, it's the fact I'm worried the guy behind me will get stuck!

Comment

• What would you do if that occured? Wait for help?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancer
                    What would you do if that occured?
                    The first thing you do is stop and figure out why. Is your coveralls/equipment caught on something? Is the passage too tight? Why is the person stuck and what needs to be done to get them unstuck? If someone is behind them then they can often move up and assist them.

Usually in tight passages the smallest will go in first and check it out. You don't want too many people in a tight passage only to find out it doesn't get any bigger and you have to back out.

Wait for help?
                    Last year I took a weekend cave rescue training course and one of the things they teach is first try and self-rescue. There's so much involved in the rescue that it can often take hours to get the person out. In our mock rescue it took a little over an hour to locate one of our "lost" cavers (thirty minutes to drive to the cave site and another thirty to gear up and search the cave for them). Then of course you have to send someone back out to the rescue coordinator to inform them you have located them and what their injuries are, so that they can send the rescue team in. The first team in is called the hasty team, as their job is to move quickly (hastily) through the cave and locate the injured/lost people.

Now take the above into consideration and you'll realize that sending for help can take a very long time, especially considering they level of cave you are in. Plus, (at least in Missouri) cave rescue has to be done by trained personnel, not just anyone. It doesn't help if you have to rescue the rescuers.

Comment

• Yup, caving for me comes somewhere after drinking, swimming and suntaning. Thanks for reinforcing that conviction.

Good that you practice such stuff though. Post some more caving pics Methos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Methos

My other hobby is caving. That was the entrance.
                        *shudder*

The very sight of that gives me a claustrophobic shiver
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• pro caving is concave ??

please explain

lets caves in CivV
                          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• i assume this thread is still staying in this forum?

regardless here is the latest pic of me, a bit exhausted. No BS or bling just AAHZ. Also ev1 keeps carding me and gives me the 3rd degree every time i buy alcohol. Its honestly aggravating, i think i look my age, myself (30.)

AAHZ THE SURVIVOR

sorry its blurry i am a terrible photographer.
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• My two Grandsons, otherwise known to us Dr. Seuss fans as Thing 1 and Thing 2
                              Attached Files
                              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Methos

I'm rather shocked you would post such a pic! I was active army from 95 to 98 and I still remember all those classes regarding sensitive info. Plus, you're an officer!
                                Actually I think it is mi-infomation...
                                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                                X