Archive Threads are Missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archive Threads are Missing

See for yourself, click on a link, and you can't see the posts. You can see the poll results though.

Edit: And there did the private fora go? They are priceless! We need them back
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Which private forum?
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

All of them, I assume, but I know I can't see the Gathering Storm private forum.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Re: Archive Threads are Missing

[http://apolyton.net/forumdisplay.php/235-Civ2-Strategy-Archive[/URL]

The list of the 1600+ threads from 1999 to 2003 in this archive is present but individual posts cannot be opened. Have you had a chance to look at this yet?
        Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
        Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

No, not yet.
          It seems like these threads were archived in a different way then the rest of the forums.

Comment

you can access it form here

Comment

Many thanks.

gets you directly to the list of forums on the old Poly.
              Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
              Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

How long will we have an access to old Poly?

Comment

i could only download a single file in the whole SMAC downloads section using this link: http://mail.civilization4.net/forums/
                  is there a way to access those files?
                  alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

http://settler4.apolyton.net is the 'official' address (civilization4.net is not owned by Apolyton anymore, but not yet redirected away)

It'll stay open for till the end of November, most probably.
                    We'll try to see if it's possible to migrate the missing content, but it's very hard and we have limited time that we also have to focus on other stuff.
                    We're not going to pay much longer for this very expensive server.

If you want to safe stuff that's not on Apolyton, then you may want to save it now.

The attachment database has been moved already to the new server, we just still have to align it with the forum. (so that every link directs to the correct attachment). Because this Db is already on the new server these attachments are getting more and longer attention. But even there it is: if you can save it to your hard drive, do it. Perhaps we'll never be able to sync things.

We're doing this stuff in our free time and we also have a list of things to do for the future of Civilization that's civ5 related. (I'm myself working simultaneously on 3 projects)

Comment

Originally posted by bdanv View Post
                      i could only download a single file in the whole SMAC downloads section using this link: http://mail.civilization4.net/forums/
                      is there a way to access those files?
                      I don't understand what you exactly mean.

Comment

i'm talking about the files here: http://mail.civilization4.net/downlo...a-centauri-399
                        not being accessible.
                        any chance there will be any time?

Comment

I wonder if they were available before we moved.
                          It just seems like these files were deleted from the old server. Not by me, perhaps by the old admins or some fault it the past?

Comment

i remember some of them being available on vB3.
                            anyway, some of those files are lost since they were only uploaded here.

Comment

The settler4.apolyton.net is the untouched 'vb3' environment of Apolyton.
                              If it's not working there now, then it wasn't working before the migration either.

Comment

Working...
                              X