Any Dark Themes In The Making?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Dark Themes In The Making?

Since the change over I've been stumbling around like a blind man whose friends rearranged the furniture on me. I hate the white background and was wondering if there were any darker themes available or in the making. If this has been answered anywhere please direct me and close this thread. I have a limited amount of time on poly the next week or so and I'm asking for a gentle shove in the right direction. I was using the MOO theme before I believe. Blue background and all.

and to those who are responsible for the change, I do appreciate the time and effort put into the site and it's not that I don't like it, but I resist change in most things if it is practical. I'll be a lot happier when I don't have to look at a white background
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

We certainly will design dark themes eventually. I don't know how quickly this is likely to happen, as we focused on one primary theme for launch, but there will be more themes as we go!
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Thanks for an answer for the time being, I will squint.
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Do you remember (or better yet have a screenshot of) the specifics of the MOO theme? I can find them but it will take me a while.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber View Post
          Thanks for an answer for the time being, I will squint.
          You could always change the brightness on your monitor.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I'd be more than happy with this theme with blue or something instead of that ugly green, as a start.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

All I really want: allow us to change the coloured parts of the current forum to whatever we want, or give us a wide range of available colours to choose from, then I'll be fairly happy.
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                Do you remember (or better yet have a screenshot of) the specifics of the MOO theme? I can find them but it will take me a while.
                SORRY ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THESE, MIGHT BE A BIT BLURRY. I DIDNT SAVE THEM RIGHT ORIGINALLY.

HERE IS THE THRADES PAGE:

HERE IS A THRADE:
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber View Post
                  I hate the white background and was wondering if there were any darker themes available or in the making.
                  Racist

Actually I had the blue one too, and wouldn't mind something similar

Comment

/me also would like a darker theme, ASAP! *squints at Poly through the glare*
                    But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
                    PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

I'm happy to know I'm not the only one who love the blue background.

Comment

I don't mind a light theme, I've used it here since 2000, but I'd very much like the slightly darker color we had before the upgrade. And please, do something with the puke color we have now.

And while you're at it, reinstate the /me function.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I used the Civ 3 theme and liked it very much!
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Dark backgrounds. Bring em on!

Comment

Good to see that AAHZ has the banwatch thread open at all times, just in case.

How hard is it to make a new colourscheme? Now I appreciate that you don't want every mix of colours under the sun, but surely the changes can't be too drastic and it would be relatively easy to allow a trusted few to change the code to produce different schemes in a shorter time than having the staff do all of the work on their own.

Comment

Working...
                              X