Grandpa Troll's Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, follow up.

I got my permanent disability rating in, 37% disability in left hand, no climbing, lifting over 20 pounds, no ladders, no overhead use of left hand, no pushing or pulling.

Been kind of tough dealing with, these 11 screws and metal plate through winter colder weather (ambient conditions) really take a toll on my hand.

I have at least two years of follow ups with surgeon to monitor condition.

I have to say, it does take some getting used to, but am gonna make it.

Typing, one handed, minimal use of left hand and working on trying to getting the most usage of my left hand I can.

i will say been a few "valleys" in dealing with redefining my bodies use, Spine Surgery left me not being able to lift anything heavy and this, found out the fella who did this has 15 pages of offenses, possession (Felony), Embezzlement X 2 Felony, and sundry other less serious offenses. I kinda on one hand would like to give him a piece of my mind and heart of what I been through, tough physical almost constant pain and how it has affected me and my wifes life.

On the other hand, he most probably wouldnt care, who knows.

Anyhoo, all thats left now is to settle up for a mere token amount for what I have been through.

Peace

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Hang in there Gramps At least you can play Civ with one hand...
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid View Post
        Hang in there Gramps At least you can play Civ with one hand...
        Thanks

It was a rough night and weekend, but...joy and sonlight in the morning

Gramps

Comment

Gramps,

Even though im losing interest in Civ, sadly this entire community, and if i never post here again know this..

You are one person I will probably always remember based on your character, your honesty, your courage, your longevity, and your honor. You are a good man, sir.

You are in my well wishes, as always
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Be well, Gramps. You're a very strong man for having gone through all these difficulties in the past couple years.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Hang in there Gramps we are routing for ya.

Anytime you wanna play Guild Wars and do another Leeroy Jenkins give me a heads up
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Hey Bruce!!

So glad to hear things are progressing for you. It's been a tough go and will require much perseverance for the remaining slog...but you can do it. Lots of angels are helping you, too. Be well my friend.

Monk
                so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

I too have had back, hand, and wrist surgery (along with shoulder surgery).
                  It makes for some gutcheck times, but I know you're tough enough to endure.
                  You have my best wishes and Godspeed.
                  And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Get well soon Gramps!

Your left hand is needed to input the Launch Codes in RONTAP and pwn those noobs!
                    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post
                      Get well soon Gramps!

Your left hand is needed to input the Launch Codes in RONTAP and pwn those noobs!
                      I am looking real hard at a game with you

Maybe then we can start a dialogue in the section here aout a game we play!

Im need to take time to relearn as I am sure you would spank da hiney first go out!

But, I take a lickin and keep on tickin!

Im a little froggy on the GMT, but maybe post or PM what is best time for a match, you host, maybe we start with small encounter blocks, like 1 or even two hours as not sure how we would be matched timewise between our schedules.

Looking forward sis!

GT

Comment

And here I was told you usually gave a lickin'...
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Okeydokey! I'll send a PM with the relevant details! RAWK ON!!! :headbang:
                          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                          X