Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so will we get a colonization forum soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuckles
    The Civ4 in the title is just to help sell it to people who don't know what Colonization is.

Yep. It's a selling point. Like putting "Sid Meier" in front of titles sells copies.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Yep. It's a selling point. Like putting "Sid Meier" in front of titles sells copies.
      SM Railroads, yup, caught me and snatched my drawers down
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Its a stand alone expansion for Civ4, like The Sims 2: Castaways is for the Sims 2. People are not adressing the point.

Can't you guys see that I'm right?

Last edited by Heraclitus; June 11, 2008, 13:06.
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

I think you're right Hera

Put it under Civ4.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Wikipedia agrees

Civilization IV (Warlords · Beyond the Sword · Colonization)
            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Pffft...... the amount of times Wikipedia is wrong, I wouldn't trust it. I'd vote the other way.

Comment

Firaxis seems to disagree with Wikipedia

Sid Meier's Classic Colonization is recreated as a new stand-alone title in the Civilization IV® universe
                Stand alone game not stand alone expansion
                I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Our "Civilization: Colonization" forum has been created. The reason there is no "4"/"IV" in the title is to better distinguish it from CivIV: yes, it's set in CivIV's universe but as has been noted already this is a stand-alone game and not an expansion. CivIV is not required to play this Colonization sequel.

"Civilization: Colonization" is housed under the 'General' forum category as is e.g. Civilization: Revolution and this forum itself.
                  PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                  >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

But won't this confuse the few people who will have bought just Civ4: Col and know nothing about civ? Won't they assume the forum is dedicated to the previous incarnation of the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog

Stand alone title not stand alone expansion
                      ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog
                        Firaxis seems to disagree with Wikipedia

Sid Meier's Classic Colonization is recreated as a new stand-alone title in the Civilization IV® universe

Stand alone game not stand alone expansion
                        Er, I think that says title.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus

ftfy
                          Que?
                          I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael

Er, I think that says title.
                            Yes, I stand corrected.

And?

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
                              But won't this confuse the few people who will have bought just Civ4: Col and know nothing about civ? Won't they assume the forum is dedicated to the previous incarnation of the game?
                              I don't believe so. The previous incarnation has no Civilization in the title whatsoever.
                              PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
                                Our "Civilization: Colonization" forum has been created. The reason there is no "4"/"IV" in the title is to better distinguish it from CivIV: yes, it's set in CivIV's universe but as has been noted already this is a stand-alone game and not an expansion. CivIV is not required to play this Colonization sequel.

"Civilization: Colonization" is housed under the 'General' forum category as is e.g. Civilization: Revolution and this forum itself.
                                Sensible, though sharing a section with Civ Rev is a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Comment

Working...
                                X