Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting really tired of logging in

WHEN I'M ALREADY LOGGED IN!!!

It's been happening for months now and like the banner ads that crash my browser, it seems to be getting worse.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

teh suck

Comment

Re: I'm getting really tired of logging in

Originally posted by Wezil
      WHEN I'M ALREADY LOGGED IN!!!

It's been happening for months now and like the banner ads that crash my browser, it seems to be getting worse.
      and yet you still dont get the message
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

What browser/version are you using? Do you have cookies enabled? Are you browsing the site at "apolyton.net" (without the "www"), another of our domains (e.g. "apolyton.com") or a combination of the two? If, for example, you login at "apolyton.net" but then switch -- or follow a link -- to "www.apolyton.net", you would need to login again as the cookie on your PC that is keeping you logged in is for "apolyton.net".

What ad or ad(s) appear on-site when your browser crashes? Are you browsing any other sites at the time?
        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Happens to me every now and then, too. apolyton.net on Firefox with cookies enabled.
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I experience such a 'drop' on rare occasions too, but as far as I'm aware that's an instance of imperfect technology designed by imperfect people (and yes, I appreciate how that can come across as more of an excuse than a reason particularly without specifics).

From your description and tone, Wezil, it sounds as though this is (much) more frequent than that.
            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I'm getting tired of it to.

Having to click on the username box and entering "t", letting it autofill, then clicking login.

Too much work.......

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I've seen this happen but not very frequently. I'd assumed it was just cookies resetting.

Comment

It happens to me more frequent than I would like, and it seems to be a random event not really triggered by any specific action. But still, it doesn't happen all that often, and it's not like it's difficult to log right back in again.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hehehe. Never happens to me.

Firefox 2, apolyton.net, cookies on.

I logged on once two months ago (new laptop), saved the password and have never had to login again.

So, have you "regular dropouts" tried rebuilding your PC's to get rid of all the trojans/hijackers/worms?

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
                      What browser/version are you using? Do you have cookies enabled? Are you browsing the site at "apolyton.net" (without the "www"), another of our domains (e.g. "apolyton.com") or a combination of the two? If, for example, you login at "apolyton.net" but then switch -- or follow a link -- to "www.apolyton.net", you would need to login again as the cookie on your PC that is keeping you logged in is for "apolyton.net".
                      Explorer on Windows 98. Yes yto cookies and I log in at www...

What ad or ad(s) appear on-site when your browser crashes? Are you browsing any other sites at the time?
                      Two of them now (the old one was replaced by two new ones ). Battle Knight and some Pola something or other. They make the site unbearable for me as they occur way too frequently. No, no other site at the same time and Poly is the ONLY SITE I have these troubles.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                        It happens to me more frequent than I would like, and it seems to be a random event not really triggered by any specific action.
                        I get it most often when i click "Reply with Quote" (or whatever its called) when trying to respond to a post.

But still, it doesn't happen all that often, and it's not like it's difficult to log right back in again.
                        Your "all that often" and mine must be different. I can see that several times a session.

"I know its annoying when your car stalls while cornering but it doesn't haoppen all that often and you just need to turn the key and restart the engine when it happens."

I'll just leave the car in the driveway and do something else (as was the case yesterday - no Poly). This can't be good for site traffic.

Comment

No one else has reported such difficulties that I'm aware of, Wezil. As a means of comparison, I suggest trying browsing Poly with Firefox.

Comment

Windows 98 is probably the problem Perhaps your version of IE doesn't handle javascript or something else neatly (thus the ad-specific problem).

Certainly try using a different browser (Opera, for example, if not firefox) and see if that is still a problem; or turn Javascript off.
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                              Windows 98 is probably the problem Perhaps your version of IE doesn't handle javascript or something else neatly (thus the ad-specific problem).
                              No, Windows 98 isn't the problem. The problem is that the forum software does not put the session id into all links as it is supposed to do.

You can work around it, by going to the control panel then Edit Option, and then setting the option "Browse the board with cookies" to yes.

Originally posted by DanQ
                              No one else has reported such difficulties that I'm aware of, Wezil.
                              Actually, I reported these difficulties ages ago. But Markos refused to fix them. So I finally accepted to browse the board with cookies. In general, I am everything else than amused, if a website forces me to use cookies.

-Martin
                              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                              X