PolyCast Episode 40: "They Do Have Bananas"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PolyCast Episode 40: "They Do Have Bananas"

It's the big four-o. PolyCast, an official podcast of Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS), marks the production and release of its fortieth episode "They Do Have Bananas". Regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick and Makahlua are joined by returning guest co-hosts Methos and Gloria "condor223" Carson. It runs for 44m59s.

PC is a bi-weekly one-hour audio production of ACS is an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; its sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding. ACS is the only known website to produce its own Civ podcasts.
    Last edited by DanQ; August 23, 2008, 23:47.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Summary of Topics

- 06m27s | News
      What Sid says are the three most important moments in gaming and many-a-preview of Civilization: Revolution (1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9).
    - 12m51s | Forum Talk
      Do you change the espionage slider (in Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword), do Permanent Alliances make games too easy and what Civ series unit do you miss the most.
    - 25m35s | Senate
      Do you place a Forge in every CivIV city, what to do about "rat traps" and choosing between building Grenadiers and Riflemen.
    - 34m31s | Theatre
      Some of the biggest blunders in CivIV, led off by a tale from Civilization III.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
      The 2.13 patch for the Mac port of the CivIV expansion Warlords a whopping 841MB, describing oneself with two CivIV leader traits and the worst starts ever in a Civ game.
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I don’t know if you know this, but in Civ 4 vanilla permanent alliances are off be default, you need to select the option in the custom game screen. I am quite certain that the same is true of Civ 4 BtS, so that may be a reason why many players never see permanent alliances.
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

This episode is valid.
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
          I don’t know if you know this, but in Civ 4 vanilla permanent alliances are off be default, you need to select the option in the custom game screen. I am quite certain that the same is true of Civ 4 BtS, so that may be a reason why many players never see permanent alliances.
          We know. Good to have noted here though given that we didn't in the episode itself.

Originally posted by LordShiva
          This episode is valid.

Comment

Another great episode. the two guest hosts were both excellent addtions and the editing was excellent (I know that souinds dumb but there is a wolrd of difference between a well edited podcast and a badly edited one, you just usually dont notice it when its done well).

Heres hoping for another 40!

Comment

Originally posted by Murg
              Another great episode.

... the editing was excellent (I know that souinds dumb but there is a wolrd of difference between a well edited podcast and a badly edited one, you just usually dont notice it when its done well).
              As the show's editor and one who has done some audio editing otherwise (e.g. video previews, machinima soundtracks), it doesn't sound dumb at all. Thank you kindly.

Heres hoping for another 40!

Comment

Thief Economy

I'm glad you liked the spot on the Thief Economy. I really liked that game, so I begged Dan to let us talk about it!
                "Peace through superior firepower."

Comment

Re: Thief Economy

Originally posted by emeseles
                  I'm glad you liked the spot on the Thief Economy. I really liked that game, so I begged Dan to let us talk about it!
                  You asked, but I don't recall you begging Michael ... if you had, we probably wouldn't have talked about it.

Comment

What's the big deal with MTV covering games? It's not like they do music anymore anyway.
                    "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Oh, and what happened to KMad? Haven't heard her in weeks....
                      "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Originally posted by jkp1187
                        What's the big deal with MTV covering games? It's not like they do music anymore anyway.
                        Yeah, we did touch on that.

Oh, and what happened to KMad? Haven't heard her in weeks....
                        Her status is unknown to us.

Comment

Sorry for the delayed reaction - but you missed the most important reason not to build Grenadiers.

They look FRENCH!!!!!

seriously..............
                          I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

But excellent show - Methos - much funniness!

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog
                              But excellent show...
                              On behalf of the team, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X