No announcement yet.

CFC hacked!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, when I told Dan to be more proactive this isn't what I meant.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
      This sucks. It sucks even more that it coincided with bad luck, as it often is - CFC's latest backups are apparently corrupt, which is why the loss spans as far as 7 months back. I hope the modders affected can reupload their files.
      QFT.
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

How are our backups? Were the mods also located here?
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

We need to back up Solver, Ming, rah, etc.

We also need:
          -frog
          -vomit
          -better crying
          smilies.
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
            We need to back up Solver, Ming, rah, etc.
            I think we should take a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
              That sucks for the civ community
              I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

I would like to highlight the fact that the staff here at Poly feels very bad for what happened to CFC which has been kicking their asses all this time because it's bad for the Civ community.

Comment

As far as I can tell, they evidently stay backed up; which could be a prime reason for their surly attitudes.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

By making themselves high profile and highly successful CFC brought this calamity upon themselves. Our admins on the other hand have worked to protect Poly by keeping this a small, unsuccessful, and inhospitable site that nobody could be arsed to attack.

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Can't get into CFC right now for some reason. Wonder if Zardoz (or whomever he is) has returned?

(For those who didn't get the reference):
                        "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Meh, probably just a regular downtime.
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

So many great files...
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by jkp1187
                              Can't get into CFC right now for some reason. Wonder if Zardoz (or whomever he is) has returned?

(For those who didn't get the reference):
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zardoz

bleh

Comment

Viewing that is the one blemish on an otherwise pretty fair life.

Comment

Working...
                                X