PolyCast Episode 37: "One Way to Look At It"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PolyCast Episode 37: "One Way to Look At It"

The thirty-seventh episode of PolyCast, an official podcast of Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS), has arrived. "One Way to Look At It" is co-hosted by Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Makahlua, Imran Siddiqui and Kelly "KMadeleine" with first-time guest co-host Michael "emeseles" Lucas-Smith; it runs for 44m59s.

PC is a bi-weekly one-hour audio production of ACS is an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; its sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding. ACS is the only known website to produce its own Civ podcasts.
    Last edited by DanQ; August 23, 2008, 23:48.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Summary of Topics

- 03m57s | News
      A Civilization: Revolution preview for the Nintendo DS and Wii port on indefinite hold, and is Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword a commercial failure with extension on North American PC sales tracking.
    - 14m13s | Forum Talk
      Do you want a Civilization V to have governments or civics, desirability for a naval unit (or units) between frigates and destroyers in Civ IV and building Warriors and other outdated units past their obsolescence.
    - 29m30s | Vault
      An interlude on the "I'm So Bad at Civ IV that..." list.
    - 33m27s | Senate
      What's the appeal of Civ IV's Marathon and Epic game speeds and "divine" intervention through WorldBuilder.
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Heading for the beach, just wanted to say nice show.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

no complaints from me. quite enjoyable, and good to have the full cast together.
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

This was my first polycast, being a guest and all. I really enjoyed doing it.
          "Peace through superior firepower."

Comment

Don't take this the wrong way please it's likely a sign of my ignorance of all things important to a world without balance, but who are you and why were you on the show?

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer

Heading for the beach, just wanted to say nice show.
              Thank you kindly.

Originally posted by AAHZ
              no complaints from me. quite enjoyable, and good to have the full cast together.
              -- glad you enjoyed the show as well.

Originally posted by emeseles
              This was my first polycast, being a guest and all. I really enjoyed doing it.

Originally posted by Lancer
              Don't take this the wrong way please it's likely a sign of my ignorance of all things important to a world without balance, but who are you and why were you on the show?
              Yes, we didn't explain that at all.

Michael called into the show three times during its first season, discussing primarily CivIV on the Mac. His calls and the co-host responses were then featured in three separate Mailbag segments and episodes.

Comment

Excellent show, it was fun to listen to! Its usually easy for me to offer cunstructive critism but I dont have any for this episode. Just keep doing what your doing.

Comment

How does one call into the show? Is it really done live? No that's not possible. How do you call into a show with viable content when you haven't a clue what's being discussed? Is this the universe that's being pulled over our eyes and is there a candy store on the other side in which some kid just ate the last orange one?

Comment

They have a number they give out (I've heard it in most of the episodes). Just call in and leave a voice mail. It isn't done live.

Comment

Makahlua doing Locutus for the University promo!

Comment

Not Happy Dan!

I'M the only Aussie that should be allowed on PC!

But otherwise great cast.

/ 10

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
                          Michael called into the show three times during its first season, discussing primarily CivIV on the Mac. His calls and the co-host responses were then featured in three separate Mailbag segments and episodes.
                          And I still reckon the best way to get Civ to run on a Mac is to throw the Mac out the window and buy a PC.

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

In all seriousness though - is there anyway to download the Polycast file?

Due to some technical difficulties I currently only have internet access at work.

Before you say it - I have got permission to use works bandwidth to post here.

But my work PC has no sound/speakers - so I want to be able to download the file - onto my laptop - then take it home to listen to.

And the system administrator will not let me instal i-Tunes on the work PC either.....
                            I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Use Firefox and get the Add-on DownloadHelper for a mp3 file. Or wait for a transcript and print it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X