Ad problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe you should just buy their product
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I don't think that would solve the problem.

Buying PolyPlus would (I think that removes these banners) but I will not be harassed into it.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Offer to transcribe OTCast and maybe Dan will give it to you
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
          I don't think that would solve the problem.

Buying PolyPlus would (I think that removes these banners) but I will not be harassed into it.
          I was harrassed out of it, but that's different.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Do what you can to document an instance of this ad appearing, Wezil , and again I also put that call out to anyone else who comes across it as well. I have not seen it myself nor I can I find ready evidence of it from any of our ad suppliers, so our options are still limited as such for now.
            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

This is kind of a threadjack.

I am ad free through Poly Plus. Not to long ago, I pulled up the forums from someone else's computer and there were the ads. Funny thing was that the particular ad was of interest to me.

I am extremely happy not to have the ads with my PLUS subscription, but it occurs to me that it might be nice to look at and support some of Poly's paying advertisers.

Would it be possible to have a page to go to where you could check out the Poly advertisors? It also seems that this might help people who are having problems to determine if the ad that is causing them problems is legitimate.

Does Poly get $$ if someone clicks one of those links?
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Did I ask a bad question or just no interest from the admins in answering it?
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
                  Did I ask a bad question or just no interest from the admins in answering it?
                  Neither -- we're simply busy. (Generally if no response follows within a week of posting/submitting one, then by all means follow-up.)

We would not be able to have a page showing all advertisements on Apolyton for two key reasons. First, they change on a frequent basis and are almost all managed through third-parties (ad agencies) on their servers. Second, and more critically, it would be in violation of our terms and conditions with those agencies.

If you are a PLUS subscriber and wish to browse and possibly support some of the advertisers on this site, simply do not login to your forum account.
                  >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Thanks for the answer Dan...didn't mean to sound pushy.

Never thought about just logging out! It's really the simplist solutions that are best, I huess!

Comment

Or use an alternate browser, or even just log into an alternate domain:

etc. ... each has its own set of cookies, so...
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
                        Thanks for the answer Dan...didn't mean to sound pushy.
                        Welcome.

Never thought about just logging out! It's really the simplist solutions that are best, I huess!

What Joe noted are indeed other (or alternate) approaches as well. Good to have them noted here too.

Comment

Working...
                        X