X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security problem

Only connected to Poly, I got this - assume there is a bad advertiser :
    Attached Files
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Interesting... I can read Danish (mostly).
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

No offense, but where the hell do you think the brits got a civilized language from

If any help, it says :

Site at yada says:

Notice: your system isn't optimized and your computers performance isn't at highest level. Full system optimization will improve your computers performance and prevent loss of data.

Will you install a virus on your PC for free ? (recommended)

Didn't bother to neither accept nor deny, just killed it.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Much more information is needed to verify that this is, in fact, being delivered through Apoyton's ad system. You can find related threads on how to do this by using the forum Search function.
        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

considering that the only applications I've been running for several hours are C3C and FF with a single tab connected to Poly, I'm pretty sure that poly ad is responsible.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
            considering that the only applications I've been running for several hours are C3C and FF with a single tab connected to Poly, I'm pretty sure that poly ad is responsible.
            It's a reasonable lead, to be sure, but that's all at the moment. We cannot say "yes it is" or "no it is not" for certain until you are able to provide us with more details.
            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

so FiksDinPC = virus in your language, BC?
              Order of the Fly
              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

It's a reasonable lead, to be sure, but that's all at the moment. We cannot say "yes it is" or "no it is not" for certain until you are able to provide us with more details.
                Well, IIRC last time poly add, had similiar infection, it was pretty troublesome to give any details, but if I get one more I'll try to. Though, suggestions on what to look for (and how) would be appreciated.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ
                  so FiksDinPC = virus in your language, BC?
                  Well, not quite. A more precise translation would be "repairyourPC", but considering the situation, I think my "translation" is pretty correct

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Though, suggestions on what to look for (and how) would be appreciated.
                    See http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...11#post5118711 but it sounds as though you need more direct assistance than that. No worries.

First off, you have already provided a screenshot and have referenced Firefox as your browser. However, please do not edit your screenshot (i.e. the complete screen with pop-up visible). Also, what version of the browser? Other questions:

- When did this first happen? Last happen (if different)?
                    - What other websites were you visited at the time/had visited recently, if any?
                    - Have you run a spyware scan on your PC and, if so, with what application(s) what were the results?

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

See http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...11#post5118711 but it sounds as though you need more direct assistance than that. No worries.

First off, you have already provided a screenshot and have referenced Firefox as your browser. However, please do not edit your screenshot (i.e. the complete screen with pop-up visible). Also, what version of the browser? Other questions:

- When did this first happen? Last happen (if different)?
                      - What other websites were you visited at the time/had visited recently, if any?
                      - Have you run a spyware scan on your PC and, if so, with what application(s) what were the results?
                      Popped up in the middle of a C3C session - no interesting info available in the rest - therefore the cut.

FF is 2.0.0.9 - incident was just before posting - hasn't happened since.
                      Wisited and left bbc.co.uk, ing.dk and www.acabion.com/ at least two hours before.
                      My pc is a work pc with CA protection so I consider it pretty safe.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Popped up in the middle of a C3C session
                        I'm going to stop you there - that's probably the issue.

Comment

I just got this myself. I had google.com/ig open, but used only the other open window, with poly open. I opened a thread in A/C and suddenly the window got closed and this came up. I couldn't right click on the pop-up, so I couldn't get any adress.
                          Attached Files
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I am not able to find this ad in any of our profiles -- yet, anyway. With it appearing to more than one person while browsing the site recently (different language notwithstanding), it adds to the likelihood that this ad is being delivered by one of the agencies we have associated ourselves with.

However, if it is one of these agencies know that we do not approve of this ad. If it is being delivered through our system, we want it removes as quickly as possible as well (and to not have it return).

Comment

Let us know if you find the culprit. We'll organise a posse and have the bastard knee-capped.
                              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X