Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is it that can save the soul of Apolyton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it that can save the soul of Apolyton?

The flood of refugees into the United Eventian Republic signals what I have been telling you for months now: Democracy is the only way to survive in this new world.

Apolyton needs to begin electing its moderators and settings its own rules through a Parliament. That way, if people don't like the direction the site is going, they can vote to change it. If people don't like that the rules are being applied unevenly (thus rending them meaningless), they can change it! The people of the site itself will ultimately be the ones who must be held accountable for anything.

Hence, unrest ends and prosperity begins.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

You're so insane.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm actually rather serious about this. The only thing that this whole business has shown is that unequal enforcement of the rules is not a good way to run a site - it renders the entirety of the rules meaningless and undermines confidence in whatever enforcement mechanism there is.

By placing responsibility for these things not in the hands of a small group that appear to insulate themselves against criticism, but rather on the members of the forum itself, such things can be avoided in the future.

On Eventis, it is difficult for me to complain about being unduly oppressed when I get to vote to help change the rules and I get to vote on who enforces those rules. Apolyton needs this far more than Eventis does.

Comment

semi good idea.

Comment

You're over here spamming for another site.
          Where's the oppressive moderation? My previous statement stands.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

There are perhaps 5 sane people on eventis, and a few of them don't really post.

Comment

You have a strange idea of "flood".

2 new posters today.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I suggest a demoncracy. Send out demons to collect more souls for Apolyton.

Comment

The soul of Poly can only be saved by posting more anthem threads
                  Blah

Comment

Apolyton Independent Nation
                    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
                      I suggest a demoncracy. Send out demons to collect more souls for Apolyton.
                      This is actually a good idea. People are scared of demons, and therefore will be scared of demonic retribution for their actions.

Comment

semi good idea.

I win, *****es.

oh god i insulted you guys please dont permaban me!!!!!

Comment

is there some sort of problem here? because so help me if there is, Comrade, i will... erm... what was i talking about again?

how the hell did i get out of bed...? and where is my TV guide...!?!

pieceâ„¢

BTW the OP answer is: AAHZ will save you all
                          Order of the Fly
                          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Ticc
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

LET'S GO AIN
                              "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                              "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                              Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X