X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanQ on Leave; Locutus Administrator-in-Charge

The "PR":

From May 9th-31st of this year, Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS) will be overseen by an Administrator-in-Charge instead of a Chief Administrator. ACS Chief Owner/Administrator Daniel "DanQ" Quick will be unavailable on a leave of absence. Co-Owner/Administrator Wouter "Locutus" Snijders will be serving as Administrator-in-Charge during this period with the day-to-day executive powers and responsibilities of Chief Owner/Administrator.

No other member of the ACS executive or staff is formally taking on an additional title or responsibility, but they have been made aware of this arrangement earlier and haven taken steps to assist along similar lines. This is the first time Quick will be on such a leave; previously as Co-Owner/Administrator with Markos "MarkG" Giannopoulos, he took over the day-to-day operations as Acting Administrator for the 1 1/2 years Giannopoulos was conscripted in the Hellenic army in his native Greece [see story].
    Now, for a few words from me personally.

I have not disclosed to any member of the Apolyton staff -- executive or otherwise -- the reason for my leave of absence. As I have told them already, I hope to be able to do so sometime during this summer; what I have told them and will say here as well is that it is not a vacation.

I will be checking in briefly from time-to-time between now and the end of the month, but won't be resuming my role as Chief Owner/Administrator until June 1st. In the interim I am confident you are all in good hands here. Take care, and Keep on Civ'in!
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Hope the reason is a pleasant one (you're getting married?).

Maybe Locutus will like my smileys
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I hope you get better.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Secret Agent Dan is going on a mission?
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

He's going to try and infiltrate CFC.
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I was about to say marriage too.

Fairly obvious.
            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

mail order

wait wait he told me a while ago [like 2 weeks] that he hadn't found his special someone. I ASKED explicitly.

Comment

He said that to you so you wouldn't stalk him on the honeymoon.
                "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                  I was about to say marriage too.

Fairly obvious.
                  You guys are wrong. I bet it's court ordered drug rehab.

Comment

What I said could be interpreted as that.

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Just remember, don't drop your soap in the shower.

No, seriously, good luck with whatever it is.

Comment

Ooh btw, does this mean Locutus outranks Ming now?

Comment

I suppose it does...

Good luck with everything Dan!
                          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

The coup is finished.
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Yeah, who's to say Locutus will hand back power after all?

I mean we must be increasingly on the alert! We must not allow an administrative power gap!

Comment

Working...
                              X