PolyCast Episode 13: "Set to Vibrate"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PolyCast Episode 13: "Set to Vibrate"

Apolyton Civilization Site`s (ACS) official podcast aims to shake off the superstition surrounding the number of its newest instalment. In addition to `News` and `Modcast` the `Senate`, `Mailbag` and `Vault` segments are featured in its thirteenth episode, "Set to Vibrate". Co-hosted by Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Wouter "Locutus" Snijders, Imran Siddiqui, Makahlua and guest co-host Rich "Provost Harrison" Harrison, total runtime is 56m:11s (26.9MB).

PolyCast is a bi-weekly, roughly one-hour production in an effort to give the Civilization community now an interactive voice. Contributing greatly to the show`s interactive capability are means to call-in via Skype, telephone and email the co-hosts your questions or comments about Civ the game, community, or the show and Apolyton itself.

ACS is the first and to date only known Civ fansite to produce its own podcast.
    1 (atrocious)
    16.67%
    2 (poor)
    0.00%
    3 (dismal)
    0.00%
    4 (mediocre)
    0.00%
    5 (average)
    0.00%
    6 (good)
    0.00%
    7 (very good)
    16.67%
    8 (excellent)
    0.00%
    9 (superior)
    16.67%
    10 (perfect)
    50.00%
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Summary of Topics

NEWS (04m12s)
    Soren Johnson leaves Firaxis Games to join the team at Electronic Arts working on Spore and securities firm predicts expected layoffs at underperforming Take-Two Interactive studios.

MODCAST (11m55s)
    What is the current favourite (and in advance) feature of choice for Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword and determining culturally overwhelmed city flipping in CivIV period.

SENATE (29m40s)
    Early technology path strategies and whether or not to build monoliths.

MAILBAG (43m10s)
    A complimentary letter, adding units to Call to Power II and setting up multiplayer between Civilization III and CivIV.

VAULT (49m48s)
    Looking back on Civilization II Lead Designer Brian Reynolds leaving Firaxis Games more than seven years ago.
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Does DanQ have a vibrate function?
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Imran certainly does
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Tacc
          Does DanQ have a vibrate function?

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
          Imran certainly does

Comment

Vibrate
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

A big thank you to Barry! Nice to know we have fans in high places
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                A big thank you to Barry! Nice to know we have fans in high places
                I'll second that.

Comment

Good episode.

Comment

I heard that recording by Barry and almost fell out of my chair... people actually listen?!!

Uh oh, good thing I found that out now
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Shafer
                      Good episode.

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      I heard that recording by Barry and almost fell out of my chair... people actually listen?!!

Uh oh, good thing I found that out now

Comment

who's barry?

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov

who's barry?
                          You must not have listened to this episode... yet.

We're referring to Barry Caudill, Senior Producer at Firaxis (http://www.firaxis.com/company/bios.php?bioid=20).

Comment

I'm actually the executive producer now but I am still producing individual titles as well. I guess we need to update the website since I've been the EP for over a year now...

-Barry
                            Barry Caudill
                            Executive Producer
                            Firaxis Games
                            2K Games/Take 2 Interactive

Comment

Might also want to update your username here, no ?
                              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                              X