PolyCast Episode 13: "Set to Vibrate"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solver
    Might also want to update your username here, no ?
    That's a bit of nostalgia from my days as the QA Manager. I was originally intended to act as a speed bump (read buffer zone) between the fans and the developers. Sort of the first line of defense for tracking down issues and dealing with them early. Is there a way to change my name without losing my start date and other settings?
    Thanks,
    -Barry
    Barry Caudill
    Executive Producer
    Firaxis Games
    2K Games/Take 2 Interactive

Comment

Send a PM to one of the admins and they'll do it for you like they did for me.

Comment

Ahh, the good old days. I believe you were in charge of QA during PTW and Conquests, right?

If you send me a PM, I'll take care of changing your name too
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Rargh. Trip: screw your young, fast-typing fingers

Comment

Shouldn't that just mean that you have more practice?

Comment

I first learned to type on a Soviet typewriter, which was very much not QWERTY

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Bump
                I'm actually the executive producer now but I am still producing individual titles as well. I guess we need to update the website since I've been the EP for over a year now...
                D'oh! Sorry, Barry. Besides the fact that you said so in the recording itself , I only now remember you making that correction while being introduced at ApolyCon '06 last summer too.

Originally posted by Speed Bump
                Is there a way to change my name without losing my start date and other settings?
                I'll refer to Jon and Solver's note above for the direct answer , but in the interim at least I've modified your custom title to note you as "Executive Producer" at Firaxis.
                PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Thanks Dan,
                  I just sent a PM to Solver to get the rest of it done.
                  Sincerely,
                  -Barry
                  Barry Caudill
                  Executive Producer
                  Firaxis Games
                  2K Games/Take 2 Interactive

Comment

hehe

Actually it's quite fun to imagine people in firaxis using their poly nicknames to refer to each other.

"Yeah, so Trip and Alexman are now in a meeting with Speedbump..."

Comment

ROFL this must be how threads in the admins forum are like...

all those shiny titles and civgroup icons
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                        ROFL this must be how threads in the admins forum are like...

all those shiny titles and civgroup icons
                        Shiny? Where?

PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Ha Siro, I can now understand the Hebrew bookmark in your link bar. I think

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                            Ha Siro, I can now understand the Hebrew bookmark in your link bar. I think
                            ROFL

Lucky I censored some of them

And you have no way of knowing what it says, because only one word is a noun and the two others are names.

It's an online arab-hebrew dictionary.
                            I'm sure you can put it to good use

Comment

Hey, you know what one automatically assumes with bookmarks that contain names

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                                hehe

Actually it's quite fun to imagine people in firaxis using their poly nicknames to refer to each other.

"Yeah, so Trip and Alexman are now in a meeting with Speedbump..."
                                That's how a lot of people knew me for a while when I was here. I'm now pretty much just "Jon" at this point though.

Comment

Working...
                                X