This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smiley Upgrade Proposal

Let's keep this thread spam free, and discuss only the issue at hand. It is an important issue, and an honest, open, productive discussion of the merits and demerits of the various alternatives presented to us is an essential element of its hoped-for satisfactory conclusion.

I acknowledge that is a well-loved, often-used smiley perfectly capable of expressing some of those feelings of open anger, whether heart-felt or in jest, that the :angry: smiley cannot.

Yet, for all its worth, there are times when it falls short in symbolising that unbridled rage with which one may be filled.

To this end, I propose that the Apolyton Civilization Site adopt, as its official :mad: smiley, the following:

Please let the voting results guide the wise and munificent DanQ in this most momentous decision.
    :mad:
    19.44%
    [img]http://www.eventis.ws/images/smilies/Colere057.gif[/img]
    52.78%
    :ana:
    27.78%
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

What exactly is the difference between the first two choices??

Monk
    so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody Monk
      What exactly is the difference between the first two choices??

Monk
      The one linked to is animated (shakes back and forth).

Complimenting with the animated one, let alone replacing it, when their expressions are exactly the same does not seem prudent. I can see how the animated one could be regarded as an expression of one being madder than provides, but the expression on the smiley's face should be at least somewhat dissimilar in my view.
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Clearly, complementing it is not a good idea, for the reason you state. But I don't see how it applies to the question of whether to replace it.
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Or the animated one can be :MAD:
          It is a very good smiley indeed.

Comment

About half the time, at least, animations do not work here. Hence, my question.

So, which one is the animated one?? Wouldn't want to vote for the wrong one.

Monk

Adding...what is odd is that the nodding smilies ARE animated. Is there something evil in your animated mad smile that is being blocked??
            so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

No. But weirdly, the isn't animated right now.

The 2nd one is the animated mad smiley.

Comment

yes it is...

Comment

I concur with b etor.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

didn't I already post in this thread?

I'm going crazy.

Comment

Nope this is the first for this thread Dis....are you on a campaign to post in every thread on Apolyon?

EDIT: Bottom line: I guess you ARE going crazy Dissident!
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

The old poll was deleted for being too spammy.
                        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
                          Nope this is the first for this thread Dis....are you on a campaign to post in every thread on Apolyon?

EDIT: Bottom line: I guess you ARE going crazy Dissident!
                          There are 3 posters that can best me at that.

Comment

Angry smilies

Non-angry smilies

This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Re: Smiley Upgrade Proposal

Originally posted by LordShiva
                              Let's keep this thread spam free, and discuss only the issue at hand. It is an important issue, and an honest, open, productive discussion of the merits and demerits of the various alternatives presented to us is an essential element of its hoped-for satisfactory conclusion.
                              Sorry but:

Comment

Working...
                              X