ErrorSafe popup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nikolai
    I'm not sure I'm following you. I kept the window open until now. When I tried to go to a new page, I got this one. Can you point me to where and what I should do? I've kept the window open and are using another browser window in the mean time.
    Right-click on the ErrorSafe banner ad. I see you're using Firefox (like myself), so select "Copy Link Location" from the menu that appears and paste it into a new post reply. As an added measure of verification right-click on the banner again, select "Copy Image Location" and paste it into the reply window too.

--------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Thanks, will remember this procedure in case Nikolai didn't catch it this time and I have the popup again.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

The problem is, that there is no way to do that. The banner ad acts like it's a part of the white background. And when I tried this time, the page refreshed as soon as I clicked away the message bo(which didn't happen first time for some reason), and the refreshed page had another ad.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

If/when this ad appears again, try viewing and saving the source code of the page as a text file. To view the code through Firefox go to the "View" menu, then 'Page Source' -- or hit CTRL+U and avoid the menu altogether. Either way then highlight, copy and paste the text into a text editor (e.g. Notepad), save and post the file as an attachment in this thread.

--------
          Dan; Apolyton CS
          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

If I get it again, I will. However, there is no way to do that when the message box is up, since it diables the use of anything in the browser window until it's clicked away. And as I said, it sometimes refreshes the window when clicked away.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

I just did a pretty extensive test involving several hundred F5 pushes, in both FF and IE, and didn't get the above link. However, CasaleMedia seemed to be not working (ie, there were a lot of CasaleMedia blank-ish banners, IIRC CasaleMedia is an advertising company ... otherwise they just have lousy banners) ... maybe they were the culprit?

Anyhow, there was one that I'd deem unacceptable, this one, which sells essays.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                I just did a pretty extensive test involving several hundred F5 pushes, in both FF and IE, and didn't get the above link. However, CasaleMedia seemed to be not working (ie, there were a lot of CasaleMedia blank-ish banners, IIRC CasaleMedia is an advertising company ... otherwise they just have lousy banners) ... maybe they were the culprit?
                Yes, CasaleMedia was the culprit.

Anyhow, there was one that I'd deem unacceptable, this one, which sells essays.

Ad pulled from our BurstMedia rotation. Thanks for the catch, Joe.

--------
                Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

I'm getting this ad again... Or one from the same "company" anyway.

It pops up a dialog box asking to install software or check your computer for viruses or whatever.

I think this is the link:
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
                    I'm getting this ad again... Or one from the same "company" anyway.

It pops up a dialog box asking to install software or check your computer for viruses or whatever.

I think this is the link:
                    http://www.errorsafe.com/pages/scann...l=0&h=&affid=#
                    Hmmm... I'm going to need some more data to track this one down. Please additionally provide (if/when it appears again):

a) a screenshot (JPG format preferred);
                    b) the link for the image itself

Comment

That page is actually the thing I'm seeing, in a banner-sized iframe or something. So I'm seeing the top blue bar of that page... It looks the same as the screenshots Nikolai posted earlier.

I'll see if I can catch it next time...
                      Last edited by Mercator; April 8, 2007, 20:38.
                      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Hmmm... I did a search for ErrorSafe ads with CasaleMedia which was -- to quote myself -- the culprit (then), but I can't find any now.

Thanks in advance for any more particulars.

Comment

I've seen this in the past too. If it comes up again I'll try to get the URL.

Comment

I just got one in the OT. The adress Trend Micro PC-cillin(silly name) gave me was this:

Unfortunately FF decided to crash on me when I tried to take a screenshot, but it was just like last time, except I didn't see iif the banner on top was the same, as I already had scrolled too long down when the ad loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                              I just got one in the OT.
                              Arg.

The adress Trend Micro PC-cillin(silly name)

gave me was this:

Unfortunately FF decided to crash on me when I tried to take a screenshot, but it was just like last time, except I didn't see iif the banner on top was the same, as I already had scrolled too long down when the ad loaded.
                              Still trying to track this down... screenshot as well as image location/source (e.g. http://domain.ext/images/ad.gif) would help the hunt further.

Comment

I got this again(in the same thread no less, perhaps this is all LS's fault). I'm unable to do anything in the browser window as long as the pop-up is open, and PC-cillin didn't warn me this time. But I did take a screenshot. Note the lack of an ad.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X