PolyCast Episode 03: "The View From Here"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PolyCast Episode 03: "The View From Here"

Apolyton Civilization Site`s (ACS) official podcast now has three episodes under its belt. PolyCast is a bi-weekly roughly one-hour production featuring co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Wouter "Locutus" Snijders, Makahlua and Imran Siddiqui in an effort to give the Civilization community now an interactive voice.

Standard segments "News", "Modcast" and "Interview" are joined by "Time Machine" again in the series` third episode, "The View From Here", now available for download in MP3 format at 64kbps quality. Total runtime is 68m39s (33.0MB). The "Interview" segment features the first in a two-part chat with Civilization III Co-Designer and Civilization IV Lead Designer Soren Johnson from Firaxis Games to discuss Civilization Chronicles.

Contributing greatly to the show`s interactive capability are means to call-in via Skype, telephone and email the co-hosts your questions or comments about Civ the game, community, or the show and Apolyton itself.

ACS is the first and to date only known Civ fansite to produce its own podcast.
    1 (atrocious)
    10.00%
    2 (dismal)
    0.00%
    3 (poor)
    0.00%
    4 (mediocre)
    0.00%
    5 (average)
    0.00%
    6 (good)
    10.00%
    7 (very good)
    50.00%
    8 (excellent)
    10.00%
    9 (superior)
    0.00%
    10 (perfect)
    20.00%
    Last edited by DanQ; April 11, 2007, 23:11.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

I tried listening to it, but it would only download the first 10 minutes or so.
    "

Comment

It sounds like the download was interrupted either at your (connection) end our our (server) end. After uploading the file I tested it to ensure the transfer was as successful as it appeared and this was the case.

Try again; if this difficulty persists, consider using a download resume program such as GetRight ( http://www.getright.com ) to obtain this file.

--------
      Dan; Apolyton CS
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I figured out what the problem was, it was on my end. Downloading successfully now
        "

Comment

Originally posted by EPW
          Downloading successfully now

--------
          Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Censors
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Controversy, Canadian style
              Mentioning me
              Imran
              Locutus

Comment

Have you listened to the entire episode then, CT?

--------
                Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

It was good Definitely better than the first two anyways

I think it should be about 20 minutes shorter though

"

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
                    Have you listened to the entire episode then, CT?

--------
                    Dan; Apolyton CS
                    No I listened to about 30 minutes of it so far. I have something to prepare for today, so I cant listen to it all

Comment

Originally posted by EPW
                      It was good
                      On behalf of the team, thank you kindly.

Definitely better than the first two anyways
                      Indeed... I think? Can you be more specific... I think?

I think it should be about 20 minutes shorter though
                      If you come across a segment that is not of interest to you (or becoming not of interest to you), you can always skip past it...

--------
                      Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                        No I listened to about 30 minutes of it so far. I have something to prepare for today, so I cant listen to it all
                        Only the first 30 minutes? Whatever you have to prepare must be important indeed...

--------
                        Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

It's a shame that Soren's audio turned out to be this way. I know it's not your fault and that a lot of work was put into making it at all intelligible, but still a shame .

Oh, and the initial musical intro was too long. Dan first speaks at 23 seconds in. I personally feel that speech should begin at no more than 10-15 seconds in.
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                            Oh, and the initial musical intro was too long. Dan first speaks at 23 seconds in. I personally feel that speech should begin at no more than 10-15 seconds in.
                            Suffice to say that we know that we will not be able to please everyone.

How did you find the other sections of the episode? Have you exercised your option to rate it yet?

--------
                            Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Haven't listened to all other parts yet .
                              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                              X