• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanQ
    replied
    Summary of Topics

Summary of topics for this episode:

NEWS (03m54s)
    Civilization IV: Warlords version 2.08 patch hotfix and general availability, EGE modding competition update, CivIV mods for Mac and Warlords expansion port nearing completion, Ages of Man IV released, Galactic Civilizations II expansion Dark Avatar beta near and Civilization Chronicles book excerpt.

MODCAST (23m50s)
    Is the CivIV expansion Warlords worth getting, how do Warlords traits compare to others and why do some civilizations never amount to anything.

INTERVIEW (39m15s)
    LOCUTUS and MAKAHLUA begin their two-part conversation with Civilization III Co-Designer and Civilization IV Lead Designer Soren Johnson from Firaxis Games to discuss Civilization Chronicles.

TIME MACHINE (64m47s)
    Marking the closing of MicroPROSE's Hunt Valley, Maryland studio, the company's last.
    Last edited by DanQ; March 23, 2007, 20:21.

Leave a comment:

• joncha
    replied
    RIP Faded Glory

Leave a comment:

• Nubclear
    replied
    Joncha, you are nearly as insensitive as DanQ To even suggest that I might ever joke about my mothers funeral is to suggest that I might, at some point in time, ever act as an asshat. You ought to be ashamed, sir, for your crass accusations.

I bet Locutus, he who is loved by all, would sympathise with me

Leave a comment:

• joncha
    replied
    Fake Tassadar steals my poor-taste jokes and uses them in dead forums.

Leave a comment:

• DanQ
    replied
    Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
    I was preparing for my mothers funeral. Thanks for bringing it back up, DanQ Real nice way to make friends.
    My apologies, Comrade. I had no idea it was of this nature, particularly given your use of the smiling smilie around it.

--------
    Dan; Apolyton CS

Leave a comment:

• Nubclear
    replied
    Originally posted by DanQ

Only the first 30 minutes? Whatever you have to prepare must be important indeed...

--------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    I was preparing for my mothers funeral. Thanks for bringing it back up, DanQ Real nice way to make friends.

Leave a comment:

• DanQ
    replied
    Originally posted by EPW
    Thats not very practical

Oh and you had star power in this one
    Why, thank you.

AND if I gave the show and "excellent" rating you would have no reason to try to improve

--------
    Dan; Apolyton CS

Leave a comment:

• EPW
    replied

If you come across a segment that is not of interest to you (or becoming not of interest to you), you can always skip past it...
    Thats not very practical

Indeed... I think? Can you be more specific... I think?
    I thought more than 20 minutes should have been cut from the first two

Oh and you had star power in this one

AND if I gave the show and "excellent" rating you would have no reason to try to improve

Leave a comment:

• DanQ
    replied
    Originally posted by Solver
    Gotta give it an 8 . Best in terms of content so far, I think!

(No pressure for the next one, fellow Polycasters. )

--------
    Dan; Apolyton CS

Leave a comment:

• Solver
    replied
    Gotta give it an 8 . Best in terms of content so far, I think!

Leave a comment:

• Solver
    replied
    Haven't listened to all other parts yet .

Leave a comment:

• DanQ
    replied
    Originally posted by Solver
    Oh, and the initial musical intro was too long. Dan first speaks at 23 seconds in. I personally feel that speech should begin at no more than 10-15 seconds in.
    Suffice to say that we know that we will not be able to please everyone.

How did you find the other sections of the episode? Have you exercised your option to rate it yet?

--------
    Dan; Apolyton CS

Leave a comment:

• Solver
    replied
    It's a shame that Soren's audio turned out to be this way. I know it's not your fault and that a lot of work was put into making it at all intelligible, but still a shame .

Oh, and the initial musical intro was too long. Dan first speaks at 23 seconds in. I personally feel that speech should begin at no more than 10-15 seconds in.

Leave a comment:

• DanQ
    replied
    Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
    No I listened to about 30 minutes of it so far. I have something to prepare for today, so I cant listen to it all
    Only the first 30 minutes? Whatever you have to prepare must be important indeed...

--------
    Dan; Apolyton CS

Leave a comment:

• DanQ
    replied
    Originally posted by EPW
    It was good
    On behalf of the team, thank you kindly.

Definitely better than the first two anyways
    Indeed... I think? Can you be more specific... I think?

I think it should be about 20 minutes shorter though
    If you come across a segment that is not of interest to you (or becoming not of interest to you), you can always skip past it...

--------
    Dan; Apolyton CS

Leave a comment:

Working...
X