X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Width

I couldn't come up with a more descriptive thread title, sorry

Here goes:

The forum pages seem to be designed and previewed using 1280x... resolution or higher. They probably look fine on that. However on 1024x768 which is what I use, pages are too wide to fit into the browser viewport, so a horizontal scrollbar is formed at the bottom, taking up 30 pixels or so. It never needs to be used since actual content is never too wide, it's just some dropdown menu and/or text field that is sticking out.

It's not a disaster, but it's not cool either.

I thought that scrollbar was always there. I use the same resolution, and I have it. It doesn't scroll very far, as you said, actual content does fit within the page.

Comment

why style do you use?
      i dont have a scroll bar on light...
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I still do on CtP-Light.
        Attached Files

Comment

I wouldn't have that scrollbar if Zopper hadn't posted that picture.

Comment

This style... don't know what it's called, but I think it's default. Three lines that don't wrap (at the top right corner) seem to be what is causing the scroll bar.
            Attached Files

Comment

I get that scroll bar too with heavy moo3 and a screen resolution at 1280x1024
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Use Greasemonkey and get rid of most of the crud

Comment

Asking MarkG to get rid of the crud is even easier... Except it's not nearly as successful.

It's the main | civ2 | civ3 ... line that does it.

I'm going to have to try Greasemonkey too (or do you by any chance have a script ready? ). I tried doing it manually a little while ago, but that was rather more complicated than I cared for... It would be really helpful if Apolyton was designed with divs and using ids.
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I had to click on another thread without pictures to get a screenshot. It seems to be the apolycon 'o6 that pushes it over.

just checked. My style set is heavy Moo3. Whatever that means. there are so many style sets, I can't remember what does what anymore.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                      why style do you use?
                      i dont have a scroll bar on light...
                      I just compared, and it's actually worse on Light than it is on Heavy.

In both styles the apolycon'06 thing creates the scrollbar, but on Heavy the posts themselves still stay within the window, just leaving whitespace to the right. On Light, the posts stretch to match the right-edge of that apolycon'06, so I even have to scroll to be able to read posts.

*cough* And speaking of width... Back when there were still "special" styles, there was a style where a big image attachment would only affect the width of one post, much like how the posts in Heavy now aren't affected by the overall page width, I imagine. I would *very* much like to see that brought into the current styles. Because now one big image can make an entire page practically unreadable.
                      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Just get a new monitor already
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                        X