No announcement yet.

UR Retiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If UR's simply got tired of all the sh1t coming his way, I certainly can understand him.

That's not to say that none of that sh1t has been deserved.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
      Urban Ranger likely doesn't understand proxies.
      You would first need to use a DL, which is against the rules, and then you need to use a proxy, which is also against the rules.

This is just so much fun
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
        Plus asher is a computer guy . . doncha think he could figure out a quick way around any such thing
        You should see the thread where he was totally pwned by a poster named Ignorance on a simple TCP/IP issue.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
          I think I speak behalf on most people here
          Originally posted by Asher
          That's why they appointed UR.

If you recall correctly, UR was appointed right after I spoiled your Mac orgy.
          so YOU speak on behald on most people here and a mod was appointed to specially mess with YOUR online life

right
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

• Agathon.

UR: Thanks for the time put in.

To the new mod
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• What about alva? He seems like a level-headed and reasonable guy. Plus, he's from Antwerp.
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Well, at least you did get the last part right.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• I think the times mean that it has to be an Asian, an Australian or someone from New Zealand.

My guess was Paddy the Scot, but I don't think he'd want to as he's too busy.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

• The best candidate is Mrs Tuberski, but since you don't want another American, then I think you should go for a European.
                    Spiffor and Zopperoni both suggest themselves as level-headed enough to do a decent job. Saras too.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse

LOTM would make a fine mod.
                      I'd have to agree.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil

I'd have to agree.
                        You can't be serious.

At least Ming makes his PM's short and to the point. I'd hate to wade through LOTM's turgid prose and biblical commentary.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

• I find this thread highly entertaining - Mark, please don't appoint a new mod just yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon

You can't be serious.

At least Ming makes his PM's short and to the point. I'd hate to wade through LOTM's turgid prose and biblical commentary.
                            I would expect his decisions to be reasonable and considered. That would be a huge improvement in the site moderation.
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• LotM is too nice to moderate the OT.

Comment

• LOTM.
                                "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Working...
                                X