Thank You!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You!

I've been a lurker for almost eight years, a member for about four and a half years, and a "subscriber" for however long that's been around, but I've never taken the time to say "thank you".

I go to other sites, and the "content" of the posts and "signatures" is just embarrassing. I won't even go to these other sites if my kids are in the same room, and yet these sites are supposedly for "gaming". Apolyton always holds a higher standard, and I truly appreciate that. I like knowing that I can click on apolyton.net without asking my kids to leave the room first.

And the community is second to none. The people here are like my friends, except I don't have to invite you over once a year or so. That's even better!

Anyway, thanks out to Markos and Dan and all you poly plus people for making this place what it is! Oh, and the OT is ok too.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Yep thanks here as well.

Without Ming this place just wouldn't be Apolyton
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

On behalf of Markos, myself, and the rest of Apolyton staff (past and present), thank you for the kind words.

Keep on Civ'in!

--------
      Dan; Apolyton CS
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Sorry guys, I have to disagree.

This place is like the Hotel California.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Apolyton is great... but UR sucks donkey balls as a mod . Aside from that, perfection .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I think you folks have something brown on your noses.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Woohoo, chocolate!
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Yeah, this place is great

Now where is that babe thread?
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Long live 'Poly.

Comment

I stand by my earlier assertions, even if I was drunk.

"Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

This has always been the most civil and pleasant site I know on the net.
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Indeed. I love this place. Well, maybe not the OT, but other than that. It's a scary thought that I've been a member for 5.5 years, and a lurker even longer...!
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I can only agree with Stuie and others. The intellectual level is so much higher on Poly then it is on most other sites. The age mix does much for sustaining this I think. Not to mention that we´re nice to each other (most of the time at least ) No flaming of N00bs and very little arrogance from old posters.

This is a home away from home for quite a lot of people
                          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                            This has always been the most civil and pleasant site I know on the net.
                            Have you been to the OT?

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                              Have you been to the OT?
                              Yeah, the Internet is a scary place
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X