What time is it? (daylight savings)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dauphin

"He lived most of his life in Chislehurst, Kent, where, it is said, after riding his horse in Petts Wood near his home early one summer morning and noticing how many blinds were still down, the idea for Daylight Saving Time first occurred to him."

I bet PH didn't show you the sundial when you were over here, Ecthy?
    A local, eh?
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Or should I say, 'Are you local?'

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
        for all the DLST haters

move to Arizona

our great and wonderful leaders in California
        have decided to make this start a moth early and end a month later, thinking it will save on energy in 2007
        Not just CA, everybody. Not sure how much of a difference it will make. Might as well shift the whole day (ZULU to ZULU) by an hour and be done with it.

Nope, moving to AZ won't help you, AZ will be using DST next year. Our two recalcitrant states, AZ and IN, have been successfully bullied into line.

I used to joke with my brother in IN that the state had four time zones: every county and town decided for themselves whether to use DST or not, and part of the state is in Central to match up with Chicago while the bulk of the state is Eastern.

They've still got their maverick streak, letting counties decide individually whether to be CT or ET, so driving up the western edge you will be changing zones at least 4 times.
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

PH, is that pic from some show on the telly?
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

No, it's his parents
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Gyyyaaah!

Comment

Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                  It does seem like a lot of hassle. Why do we do it?
                  Because the bigger the wedge that can driven between us and our natural environment along with it's cycles, the more compliant and willing we become to sacrifice personal/social needs in order to obtain political/economic desires...
                  Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

Originally posted by Rommel2D

Because the bigger the wedge that can driven between us and our natural environment along with it's cycles, the more compliant and willing we become to sacrifice personal/social needs in order to obtain political/economic desires...
                    ok...

Political as it sounds, I just am a mere Sheeple, following along not questioning your answer
                    Attached Files
                    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Hmm, I don't think extending daylight saving would be considered one of GWB's more dangerous plans...
                      Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

Just you wait and see, you'll have Time Zone Texas all over US before you know it

Hey, my posts are on schedule again

Case closed
                        (at least until we turn DST off again)
                        Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

I've changed timezones so that the correct time appears on Poly too. I am actually using the real time-zone I am in.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                          X