2K announces new game: CivCity:Rome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K announces new game: CivCity:Rome

2K Games today announced that Firefly Studios, creators of the Stronghold franchise, in cooperation with Firaxis Games are working on a completely new Civilization-type game: CivCity:Rome. Not many details about the game are released, but it will be a city-builder game set in Roman times, presumably not unlike the similarly named SimCity series.

In CivCity: Rome, gamers will recreate the glory of Rome by building a small settlement into a mighty imperial city. Featuring hundreds of buildings including gladiatorial schools, amphitheatres, the circus maximus, legionnaire forts, weapons workshops and much more, CivCity: Rome offers the most detailed look at Roman life ever depicted on a computer screen.

The announcement coincides with announcements for the release of Sid Meier's Railroads! and the first Civilization IV expansion pack, Civilization IV: Warlords (see news item). Looks like it will be a busy summer for Firaxis.
    Last edited by Locutus; March 16, 2006, 15:54.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

What news item? Or am I too early?
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Sounds like the Caesar series. Sounds appealing, but we'll see when it comes out, eh?
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Well I am interested by what is in the expansion pack too...I am still bitterly disappointed that Hull has never made it into the English city list
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

3 games at once. Sid's not sleeping much is he?
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

He is...he just gets his minions to do all the hard work
            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
              What news item? Or am I too early?
              Sorry, forgot to add the link here, but did do so in the actual news item. Added it now.

You're own fault for just reading the forums and not the news

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus

Sorry, forgot to add the link here, but did do so in the actual news item. Added it now.

You're own fault for just reading the forums and not the news
                Yeah, I was shocked to discover that there is a website tacked on to this bulletin board
                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Re: 2K announces new game: CivCity:Rome

Originally posted by Locutus
                  2K Games today announced that Firefly Studios, creators of the Stronghold franchise, in cooperation with Firaxis Games are working on a completely new Civilization-type game: CivCity:Rome. Not many details about the game are released, but it will be a city-builder game set in Roman times, presumably not unlike the similarly named SimCity series.

In CivCity: Rome, gamers will recreate the glory of Rome by building a small settlement into a mighty imperial city. Featuring hundreds of buildings including gladiatorial schools, amphitheatres, the circus maximus, legionnaire forts, weapons workshops and much more, CivCity: Rome offers the most detailed look at Roman life ever depicted on a computer screen.

The announcement coincides with announcements for the release of Sid Meier's Railroads! and the first Civilization IV expansion pack, Civilization IV: Warlords (see news item). Looks like it will be a busy summer for Firaxis.
                  I saw some weeks/months ago, that Caesar was being remade. So are we going to have 2 Rome games at the same time?

Is Railroad Tyc. going to be number 4 or start over as in Batman?

Comment

First screenshots are here:

Couple of more concept images art where those came from (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...reenindex.html)

Comment

I wonder if Railroads! will be a remade of Railroad Tycoon. That was an excellent game too. The two sequels failed to be railway games IMO. Then perhaps I played too many of Mayfair's railway games (they've got crayons! ).
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                        I wonder if Railroads! will be a remade of Railroad Tycoon. That was an excellent game too. The two sequels failed to be railway games IMO. Then perhaps I played too many of Mayfair's railway games (they've got crayons! ).
                        I'm pleased to read that Sid and team has Railroad back in their hands. I didn't really care for the game after the original, Tycoons 2 & 3 just didn't have the same appeal for me as the first one did. Maybe they'll be able to put the life back into it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
                          I'm pleased to read that Sid and team has Railroad back in their hands. I didn't really care for the game after the original, Tycoons 2 & 3 just didn't have the same appeal for me as the first one did. Maybe they'll be able to put the life back into it for me.
                          Same here. RT2 botched really bad dispite better graphics, so much that I gave RT3 a pass.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Same here. RT2 botched really bad dispite better graphics, so much that I gave RT3 a pass.
                            I hated the interface of RT2 so much it turned me right off the game. And I picked up RT3 in the bargain bin last summer, but I just haven't been able to get myself into it. It looks great, but there seems to be something missing for me. I spent many hours with the original though, it was probably my favourite game after Civilization. Hopefully Firaxis can put the magic back into it.

Comment

RRT2 did pretty well sales wise and many people did enjoy it quite a bit...
                              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                              X