This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out the this Gal Civ 2 Fansite

Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

It's new and give me some feedback

Re: Check out the this Gal Civ 2 Fansite

Originally posted by Weblaster
    Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

It's new and give me some feedback
    Hi Weblaster.

A fair start. Just one request. You state the following:

The First GAL CIV 2 FANSITE EVER!
    That is incorrect -- please correct.

--------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Well the Gal Civ 2 fansite here is mostly a portal of a CIV 4 fansite.

Comment

"Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Why are you rolling your eyess for!???

Comment

I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Okay it has been changed to "Your source for Galactic Civilizations 2"

Comment

As for the site it needs a lot of work IMO. The screenshot on the frontpage is way to big so you need to scroll sideways. Not good.

The rest of the site looks ok albeit a bit on the boring standard side. But this just made me tired...

Welcome to my website! It may look amatureist but hey what do you expect from a second-rate web-hosting service like Freewebs.
                I mean come on... If you don´t know how to make a proper website and must use templates on a free host service don´t ***** about how crappy it looks. If you want to make a real nice website that attracts people and contribute something to the community there´s tons of resources out there. HTML coding isn´t exactly rocket sience and you don´t need any fancy php scripts or things like that (CSS make things easier though). The structure and content is more important than looks.

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but you wanted feedback and I´m giving it.

Comment

Well CIV fanboys that's it!

Comment

I'm not sure how or where you got that impression -- perhaps because of the standardized layout with the two sections(?) and some others -- but that is inaccurate.

Okay it has been changed to "Your source for Galactic Civilizations 2"
                    [Was "Thank you."]

I do not see that line of text on your page after refreshing, but as of this writing still the original text in question. Ultimately you can put next to whatever text you want on your website, but recognize that "... first ever..." is inaccurate regardless.

Good luck with your continued efforts.

---------
                    Dan; Apolyton CS
                    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I like the voting option "Below Average(needs improrvment)" (sic) in your Weekly Web Poll.
                      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Well CIV fanboys that's it!
                        Well, what did you expect? You did ask for feedback... It´s not my problem if you don´t like to hear what I have to say...

Anyway best of luck and all that (seriously)

Comment

This thread didn't last long.

Comment

Oh noes. He left already, so no more fun. Oh well.

Anyway, I have to say I haven't seen any fansite with that boring main page for ages. Especially slapping a Caps Lock written message at the middle of the page looks unwelcoming.
                            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Everything looks unwelmcoming when at age 14 when i have no source of income except for a $5 dollar allowance. Do you really expect me to make photoshop quality, no way.

You adults are so criticial. That's probraly why Battlefield 2 communitys are more friendly

Comment

Working...
                              X