Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton Civilization Site, the oldest (...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Civilization Site, the oldest (...)

Originally posted by MarkG
    Apolyton Civilization Site, the oldest (...)
    This just keeps annoying me. It's not true, unless you're speaking in convenient half-truths.

But sorry, not interested in the position.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

would you like to be more exact? if you're going to charge us with something please dont half-charge us...
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Well, the Ultimate Civilization II Site was possibly one of the oldest sites about Civ2. I honestly don't know. But clearly, Apolyton isn't the Ultimate Civ2 Site.

I know several sites that are older than Apolyton itself (and still online too).
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
        Well, the Ultimate Civilization II Site was possibly one of the oldest sites about Civ2. I honestly don't know. But clearly, Apolyton isn't the Ultimate Civ2 Site.

I know several sites that are older than Apolyton itself (and still online too).
        My Ultimate Civilization II Site indeed was one of the oldest Civ sites -- it's no longer in operation and hasn't been for more than seven years. The same goes for Markos' The First Greek Civilization 2 Site. When we say "oldest" in regards to Apolyton, we are referring back to when the site was founded: we are not including any of its 'pre-history'.

To the best of our knowledge, the statement in question is accurate. If you do indeed have evidence that supports another Civ site being online longer than this (e.g. through Internet Archive: Wayback Machine), please email us with the data at this point. If we are able to verify your findings, we will modify said statement accordingly.

---------
        Dan; Apolyton CS
        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

The "oldest"/"one of" the oldest issue has now been resolved. We thank Mercator for bringing the matter to our attention , and have verified his evidence warranting a changing in the wording of the original post on this matter.

We have and continue to strive for accuracy in our wording and reporting, and not only willingly make appropriate changes if/as need be but also admit when we are wrong. As such, we have worked to accomplish both of those things in this instance.

Now back to your regularly scheduled 'job hunt'.

---------
          Dan; Apolyton CS
          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Now, who wouldn't want to have such a well-spoken person as his boss? And isn't Civilization just awesome? Now what more do you want in a job?

Not to mention that with more people on the team, they can actually focus their attention on more important things.

Comment

I'm sorry Dan has been so sensitive and went into the trouble to make the corrections. Apolyton IS the oldest civ site.

The fact that someone has not deleted his site on his personal web space while not doing a single update on his site for years, doesnt count as an existing site in my book.

/me goes to ressurrect tfgc2s on his university account

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                I'm sorry Dan has been so sensitive and went into the trouble to make the corrections. Apolyton IS the oldest civ site.
                No reason to apologize for me. Picking my battles...

--------
                Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

that sentence wasnt worded right. i apologized toyou not for you

my initial response should have been as my second. Apolyton is the oldest civ site still standing the test of time. If geocities has not deleted some fan sites from 1999 this doesnt say anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X