A.C.S. Announces "Colonization" Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.C.S. Announces "Colonization" Coverage

Apolyton Civilization Site ( http://apolyton.net ) [ACS], one of the oldest and premiere online fansites for the Civilization computer strategy gaming series and its extended family, is today launching their section dedicated to Colonization released in 1994 by now defunct developer and publisher MicroPROSE.

We have provided supplementary coverage for Colonization for some time now, says ACS Co-Owner/Administrator Daniel “DanQ” Quick. Full coverage is something that has been asked for time and again, and we are happy that we are finally able to answer that call.

ACS' Col sections are broken down into the following categories: 'News', 'Information', 'Files', 'Screenshots', and 'Links'. As with other ACS game sections, the `News` area will provide the ten latest headlines for the game from the in-house News Department and provide a shortcut to older items. 'Files' include maps, music, saved games and utilities. 'Screenshots' and 'Links' are apart of Apolyton's Directory service which has been in operation for more than three years [see related story]. Forum coverage for Col is shared with the first Civilization, the Civ boardgame from Eagle Games and Master of Magic.

Originally released for the DOS platform, in 1995 ports of Colonization on the Windows, Macintosh and Amiga platforms were released.

--------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    Last edited by DanQ; November 19, 2005, 23:35.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

For a second there, I thought you'd announced Colonization 2. So...after alll this time, Colonization has it's own section. Why? Are there mods I don't know about? Will there, in fact, be a sequel?
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

a homage to the past, a preperation for the future
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Neat
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Preparation for the future? That's saying alot on another game's changes for an (official) sequel...
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

we dont have any info at all but given the openness of the civ4 structure i would think about colonization 2 a lot if i was sid (then again i'm not sid, so....)

Comment

Actually, sounds like you could just about write Colonization as a Civ 4 mod.
              Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.

Comment

This game ranks very closely to CIV II as the ultimate time waster for me......simple concepts with great balance. They havn't been able to touch it since in my mind.

A month of so ago on the Firaxis site they had poll on the game customers would most like Sid to remake - and I was glad to see that Colonization was first for quite a while...ultimately came second to AC....but I'm hopeful.....one day.
                Ur
                The Chaldean
                Wellington, NZ

Comment

SMAC doesn't quite need a remake yet. In fact, I would go as so far to say that you could create SMAC as a Civ 4 mod.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rusty Gamer
                    SMAC doesn't quite need a remake yet. In fact, I would go as so far to say that you could create SMAC as a Civ 4 mod.
                    indeed http://smac.civilization4.net/

Comment

Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Does this mean there will be yet another section for Colonisation:Civ 4 or somesuch?

Hmmm...will Civ 4 be THE game to be used to create completely new games?

Maybe I'll have to start thinking about a Television Manager:Civ 4 project?

Comment

I never got into Colonization much, Civ was quite enough for me in those days. But if there is a Colonization II I´ll probably buy it. I think I´ll wait for the Col II forum
                          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

errrr

What news are there concerning Col?

Comment

Originally posted by The Rusty Gamer
                              How about creating a Quake Civ4 mod?

Comment

Working...
                              X