No announcement yet.

A.C.S. Announces "Colonization" Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hehe... I would have guessed so too, had it not been for the fact that a guy on my school who gets it to work says that it's supposed to be that bad. My problem is that a game that works fine in Windows gets way alower in DOSbox for instance. And it is a pain to get the DOSbox command line to do as it's told, it's in no way working as I'm used to with MSDOS. s
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Well...I was almost interested in switching to XP but now you've put me off it again!

Actually, some of those problems with old games may be the updated graphcis cards or sound systems.
      Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
      Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

As it is, I can't get the sound for some DOS games like Colonization, MOO1, etc. I got a soundblater compatable card that is supposed to solve the problem but when it tries to use it it says something like the card is already in use, presumably by Windows that doesn't know how to "let go" of it for DOS to use. Anyone know the way around this problem?
        Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.

Comment

DOSbox is awesome for old games. Use it, certainly. Most commands (aside from mounting drives, but that is easy too) are copied directly from old dos and besides of which, once it works it just works.

and if you have problems with dosbox or to get a specific game working:
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
            My problem is that a game that works fine in Windows gets way alower in DOSbox for instance.
            DOSbox slows down games deliberately. You know, to emulate old computer hardware. It is also changable. Ctrl-F12.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

DOSbox slows down games deliberately. You know, to emulate old computer hardware. It is also changable. Ctrl-F12.
              Yeah. Pang at 500 mph is hard.

Comment

I've just tried DOSBOX. It won't even let me put in a prompt. Just creates a couple of windows which I can't do anything in. ???

Comment

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the FreeCol project at freecol.org is coming along very nicely now. I play it regularly (re-sparked my love for the game). Oh, and there's swecol2 as well. Just thought I'd let you guys know now that I see some new interest (Civ4-mod-wise) in an old lover

Comment

I love Colonisation. Where can I find some nice maps for it?
                    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                    Middle East!

Comment

Thread Necromancy
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                        Thread Necromancy

Originally posted by MarkG
                        indeed http://smac.civilization4.net/
                        "Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/smac/public_html/includes/ObjectCache.php on line 409"

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                        I half-expected Adagio to be the thread-starter...
                        Just because I started one thread about Colonization a few years ago. I've never played Col for more than 20 turns though

Originally posted by Ur
                        A month of so ago on the Firaxis site they had poll on the game customers would most like Sid to remake - and I was glad to see that Colonization was first for quite a while...ultimately came second to AC....but I'm hopeful.....one day.
                        Yeah, and the "loser" in that poll was a Railroad Tycoon sequel, and guess what we got... Railroads
                        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                          Thread Necromancy
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thread Necromancy
                            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                            Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by The Rusty Gamer
                              For a second there, I thought you'd announced Colonization 2. So...after alll this time, Colonization has it's own section. Why? Are there mods I don't know about? Will there, in fact, be a sequel?
                              that's what I thought.

edit: I just notice this was an old thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X