Comment

Originally posted by alva
      Been seeing quite a lot of this one lately.:

Address:http://c.casalemedia.com/c?f=1&id=1&...NvbQ==&c=39699

Image:http://isg31.casalemedia.com/V2/39699/53336/5-old.gif
      Investigating...

Originally posted by bfg9000

Thats one, but some are applets..
      I believe I have not only eliminated this one, but others like it from appearing in the future (*crosses fingers*). However, in using this URL (address) I am not entirely certain of its source as it directs me at least to some "zero.gif" file.

If you see it again, or something similar, please post not only the URL (address) it leads to all but also a screenshot of the ad itself.

Thanks to everyone for bringing these types of ads to our attention. Even if in the end they turn out to not being served by an advertising agency we have affiliated with, we want to get to the source of the problem. We aim to kill these... obstructions on sight or report.

----------
      Dan; Apolyton CS
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

Investigating...

I believe I have not only eliminated this one, but others like it from appearing in the future (*crosses fingers*). However, in using this URL (address) I am not entirely certain of its source as it directs me at least to some "zero.gif" file.

If you see it again, or something similar, please post not only the URL (address) it leads to all but also a screenshot of the ad itself.

Thanks to everyone for bringing these types of ads to our attention. Even if in the end they turn out to not being served by an advertising agency we have affiliated with, we want to get to the source of the problem. We aim to kill these... obstructions on sight or report.

----------
        Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Thread still open? Dan must have forgot.
          (+1)

Comment

Originally posted by spartak
            Thread still open? Dan must have forgot.
            Fair comment.

That said, as I'm still investigating the first reported ad and am not certain that I have indeed "hit" all of those other reported ads, I'm leaving this thread open for at least a little while longer.

---------
            Dan; Apolyton CS
            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

That was very honest - you could have claimed that that was your intention all along.

Comment

I've never had one pop up on Poly since I've gotten firefox...

maybe you guys have spyware
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I have some once in a while. Seldom, but it happens. And no, there's no spyware on my machine.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                    I've never had one pop up on Poly since I've gotten firefox...

maybe you guys have spyware
                    At my place of employment, we can only use internet explorer.

Comment

I believe I have eliminated not only the first ad mentioned, but any others of its kind from that advertising agency (one different than the one I "targetted" earlier).

Thanks again to all those who brought these latest concerning ads to our attention. Thread closed.

-------
                      Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Working...
                      X